The Sanctuary

Curves_Chick

Did you pay $40.00 a day for the Sanctuary?

Yes we did. Think there’s a break in price if you book for a week.

To book by the day we’d go down early before it opens and reserve for the day...1st come 1st served.

For a longer cruise it may not be as difficult but on a week cruise they can fill up fast. If i remember, 1/2 the area is a week booking and the other 1/2 is for daily. Could be different from ship to ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you, were are on the ship for 60 days, so I think this would be a good option when we are at sea for 3 days in a row. What does the $40.00 include?

You’ll be taken care of in a nice quiet area away from things.

There are very nice padded lounge chairs for relaxing, fruit available, infused water, towels on the chairs. The attendants will see to your needs. When we were in too much sun they were nice enough to move us to shade. They would bring you water or coffee and make sure your area was picked up and clean.

You can order off a menu for a cost. And around 4:00 we enjoyed tea time....they would bring a cart with dessert treats and coffee or tea.

It is very relaxing. I would definitely try it on a sea day and see how you like it.

I cannot sit in the sun anymore. Are there plenty of shaded areas to reserve?

There are some shaded loungers and some in full sun. On some ships most of the shade is partial shade provided by overhead gauze-like screens. On some ships there is some actual solid shade. I don't believe Island is going to have much true/full shade with the new design.

The post about a weekly fee is actually not quite correct. What it is is a discount for booking Sanctuary lounger for the full voyage. So, it is $30/day, and only a week if the voyage is 7-nights. For a 10-night it is $330... for a 14-night it is $420 (you might be charged 1 day less for a 10 or more voyage as we were in the past because you really only get 9 or 13 days). You only really get 6 days on a 1-week voyage, but in the past we were charged 7xdiscounted daily rate.

So, the Island 60-night South America under discussion by the OP should be $30 only if booking all 60 days. I doubt anyone would do this, not just for the cost, but also for that fact that a good portion of the middle part of the journey is going to be cold and cool weather, so it is an expensive bit of waste. I say this because we are on this trip and I intend to use Sanctuary selectively. And then there are all the port days as well to consider.

Also, the post about going there each morning to book... well, you can do that, but it is not necessary and that poster has old information. You can go and reserve that days you want at the beginning of the cruise if you know ahead of time. In fact, you can show up any day to book a chair - subject to availability. Unlike a 7-night Caribbean cruise where Sanctuary typically sells out shortly after boarding, I really doubt this Island journey is going to sell out. There is going to be a lot of port days where most people will be off the ship (that's why we are going on the trip at all, or I would just tool around the warm Caribbean for 2 months).

We booked for half days at $20.00. Really great price and environment. The Lotus Pool can be used for free for adults only and it is located right below The Sanctuary. A good alternative if not wanting to use the Sanctuary for fee everyday.

Yes, but this information is not applicable to ISLAND PRINCESS.

I cannot sit in the sun anymore. Are there plenty of shaded areas to reserve?

It is often filtered shade with the shades available above.

These photos are from our cruise last year on the Regal.

When you arrive, just tell them your needs and I’m sure they will do their best to accommodate you.

They were very good to us.

ba8e282c9d9e62a20977a7227fbc9d93.jpg1b5ea0eea5d8b79e0096447aae8f8db5.jpgbcc6e8027140e0e459d663ac7f10c210.jpg

Also, the post about going there each morning to book... well, you can do that, but it is not necessary and that poster has old information. You can go and reserve that days you want at the beginning of the cruise if you know ahead of time. In fact, you can show up any day to book a chair - subject to availability. .

Thanks for that update. Guess it is old info.

The times we did book the Sanctuary by the day (I did forget to mention we also booked it on the Caribbean Princess) we would get up fairly early and wait in line with others and then again 1st come 1st serve for the day. If we can book at the beginning of the cruise for the days ahead of time it would make it so much less hassle for everyone.

Not sure when they changed that but sure am glad they did.