Why Do You Choose Cruising As Your Choice For Vacationing

1) What is it about cruising that keeps you cruising?

3) Do you also integrate land trips with cruising?

Questions 1 and 3 go hand in hand with our latest travels. The following formula is what we’ve been doing:

• Fly to the region of the embarkation port 5-7 days before the cruise
  • Tour several cities before making it to the port
  • 7-10 night cruise
  • Spend a final night in the debarkation port city before flying home

The land based portion of the trip gives us the fun of a deeper immersion in the culture since we’re in one spot for several nights. But also adds the fun of planning our hotels, trains, meals, and sightseeing. After 5-7 days on our own and checking into multiple hotels, I’m ready to unpack on-board and relax, and let the ship do the work of getting us around and providing the meals for the next week or so.

Here’s a couple past/future example itineraries:

• Flew into Glasgow (spent 1 night), train to Edinburgh (2 nights), train to London (2 nights), cruised from Southampton to France & Norway (10 nights), final night back in London.
  • This one is up next. Fly into Milan (spend 2 nights), train to Venice (4 nights), cruise from Venice to Greece & Croatia (7 nights), spend final night back in Venice.

2) Where did you go after the Caribbean?

We’re planning to do our first Caribbean cruise Spring of 2019. You can see in my signature we’ve cruised mainly to Bermuda, Canada, and Europe. It’s a big world…too many places…too little time.

Cheers,

Tim

• This one is up next. Fly into Milan (spend 2 nights), train to Venice (4 nights), cruise from Venice to Greece & Croatia (7 nights), spend final night back in Venice.

If your plans aren't completely finalized, (and if, of course, you haven't been there before), might I suggest a stop in Genoa after Milan? It's not that far (a couple hours by train IIRC).

If your plans aren't completely finalized, (and if, of course, you haven't been there before), might I suggest a stop in Genoa after Milan? It's not that far (a couple hours by train IIRC).

Thanks for the suggestion. Our plans have been finalized for about a month now so Genoa will not make the itinerary this time, but I'm sure we'll be back to Italy again. We haven't been to this part of Italy so Genoa looks like a perfect city to tour. Thanks again!

I am a Caribbean girl so when we planned our first Europe trip I was excited but not like i am for a cruise. Wow was I surprised I feel in love with Europe. Hope your first trip is amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Been to Europe before, just not on a cruise. Excited!

For the cruise diehards I have a few questions:

1) What is it about cruising that keeps you cruising? I love seeing different parts of this great big world and getting just a small taste of the culture. Gives me ideas on where I want to go back for a possible land vacay. It's unpack once and then relax. It's my favorite form of vacation and I wish I could do it more often.[/color]

2) Where did you go after the Caribbean? My favorite itinerary is the Southern Caribbean and have been on that route twice. My first non Caribbean trip was to Alaska in 2013. Next up is a New England/Canada trip in 2019.

3) Do you also integrate land trips with cruising? I do prefer to fly in a day before to the port so that I can do some sightseeing. For Alaska though, we flew in a week prior to get a land based vacay in. Alaska is soooooo HUGE that just going on a cruise you would miss so much. Land based tours through the cruise line were too restrictive for us so I researched for almost 2 years to figure out just what we wanted to do and we had a blast! For the New England/Canada trip, my mom and I will fly in to Boston 2 days early and stay an extra day after so we can see some of the sights.

Thanks

See my answers above in red (I hope).

I am a Caribbean girl so when we planned our first Europe trip I was excited but not like i am for a cruise. Wow was I surprised I feel in love with Europe. Hope your first trip is amazing

Caribbean > Europe

1) What is it about cruising that keeps you cruising?

I'm a hyper-planner and cruises force me to relax and enjoy my vacation - at least on sea days:D.

2) Where did you go after the Caribbean?

We've only done Bahamas and Caribbean so far.

3) Do you also integrate land trips with cruising?

If the embarkation port is somewhere we like, yes.

We have been on 4 cruises so far - Oasis, Allure, Celebrity Eclipse, and NCL Escape Haven. We are going on Freedom next week. I love cruising and get so excited when planning our next adventure. So far all our cruises have been to the Caribbean. My hubby has enjoyed them all to but he keeps complaining that he wants to see more than the Caribbean.

What do I love about the cruises? I love the entertainment, relaxation, food & drinks, people, visiting of ports. You can be as active or relaxed as you want to be.

1) What is it about cruising that keeps you cruising? No cooking or cleaning, nice beaches to visit

2) Where did you go after the Caribbean? Mediterranean and we have a British Isles booked for 2019

3) Do you also integrate land trips with cruising? For Europe we prefer land trips so we can really spend time in one area and explore all it has to offer.

Thanks

I would also love to do a full Panama Canal transit cruise in the future.

Only done Caribbean/Bermuda We just enjoy cruising as you don’t have to worry about going anywhere... but it is equal to land vacations to us as we travel a lot.

Our cruise this November is integrated land and sea vacation

Not the most glamorous- but last year we did Grandier of the Seas- baltimore to New England & Canada. Due to work schedule- we had to go 1st of Sept- not much tree color but was VERY Enjoyable. We did Amtrack Atlanta to baltimore so no flying.