Celebrity's alcohol policy - strictly enforced

pennstater

I am recently off Mercury and brought wine aboard in two different ports, in addition to embarkation in Seattle. I did not hide it and drank some in the cabin and brought the other to dinner and paid my $15 corkage.

While the wine list is decent, it is overpriced IMO and does not offer the wines I prefer to drink. I have no problem paying the fees imposed but really would be unhappy if forced to order from their list.

• 6 years later...

I have gone through this Forum, and everything is dated from 2005 or so. I sailed on Celebrity in 2004 and had no problem bringing wine & beer onboard. Does anybody have more recent info. on their experiences in doing so now? We are sailing in Nov. on the Infinity and we like to bring some wine for use in our room and my DH likes to pick up 2 or 3 beers in the different ports... just to try something different. Any up-to-date info. would be appreciated.

I would start a new thread although I did see that this was an old thread and scroll to the bottom - maybe others will too.

I am wondering if the enforcement may vary from ship to ship - my impression is that it might - some of the screeners may be more "vigorous" than others as I think I have read threads saying that bringing on a bottle from a port was not confiscated.

I would start a new thread although I did see that this was an old thread and scroll to the bottom - maybe others will too.

I am wondering if the enforcement may vary from ship to ship - my impression is that it might - some of the screeners may be more "vigorous" than others as I think I have read threads saying that bringing on a bottle from a port was not confiscated.

Current policy is no liquor allowed on board except two bottles of wine at debarkation, none at ports. The reports back by numerous cruisers is that they are strictly enforcing it and items found will be confiscated and returned at the end of your cruise. There are many reports of people being sent to the "naughty room" to pick up their luggage and explained the rules.

I realize this thread is 7 years old but thought I would answer the recent question.

I wish CC would do as tripadvisor and lock threads after a while (say a year) such that people can read them but not post on them that way current information requests would be started on new threads

[quote name='suec12']I would start a new thread although I did see that this was an old thread and scroll to the bottom - maybe others will too.

I am wondering if the enforcement may vary from ship to ship - my impression is that it might - some of the screeners may be more "vigorous" than others as I think I have read threads saying that bringing on a bottle from a port was not confiscated.[/QUOTE]
Why????

Just start a new thread.....all this does is confuse people........

Archived