Wine brought on board Princess out of Auckland

Taking a Princess cruise in fall 2018 out of Auckland. Any change to taking a couple bottles of wine onboard?

I was on in December, and it was still the same. Each adult can take on one bottle of wine to have in their stateroom, but can also take on as many more bottles as they like which they will pay $15 each for. The extra bottles can be consumed anywhere on board that you like, but be aware that if you open the bottle in the MDR you will be charged another $15 (the dining room waiter told me this on embarkation).

Trish

Not that it matters that much unless they change the rules in between now and when you cruise leaves but your itinerary may influence how much wine you bring on, especially if you plan on picking up some bottles from around the wineries regions such as at Hawkes Bay (Napier) or Marlborough Area (Picton).

I was on in December, and it was still the same. Each adult can take on one bottle of wine to have in their stateroom, but can also take on as many more bottles as they like which they will pay $15 each for. The extra bottles can be consumed anywhere on board that you like, but be aware that if you open the bottle in the MDR you will be charged another $15 (the dining room waiter told me this on embarkation).

Trish

the extra bottles are charged the 15 dollars as you embark and a label is given to put on the bottle

We usually bring on two bottles of sparkling wine. The rest of the cruise we like to experiment and try new wines rather than drink the same ones we drink at home.

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Forums mobile app

Likewise or usually one sparkling and one really nice red for having on our balcony.

Unless the ship doesn't have your particular wine on board, I cannot see any benefit in bringing on extra wine and paying the surcharge.

Agree, enough problems with luggage as it is without lugging a dozen or two bottles of wine on board. :halo: We just take on the permitted two. I am scared of the Princess Alcohol Police, nor do I want to pay $15 per bottle surcharge.

Agree, enough problems with luggage as it is without lugging a dozen or two bottles of wine on board. :halo: We just take on the permitted two. I am scared of the Princess Alcohol Police, nor do I want to pay $15 per bottle surcharge.

Brings a whole new meaning to being searched.