Flight home time

soggy1975

Out ships arrives in Venice at 08.00

We have 2 options of flights..12.25 from Marco polo or 21.15 from treviso

We would prefer the earlier flight but would we have enough time to disembark and get to the airport?

How much/quick is a land taxi from the terminal to the airport?

What's the likelihood of the ship docking late (it leaves split at 17.00 the night before)?

If we're pushed for time we might be swayed to the later flight from treviso (which I know is further away)..in this case we'd store our bags for the day and head into Venice. I've found baggage storeage at piazzale Roma but is there any at the cruise terminal?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

Might depend ***** weekend day - but a taxi should be no more than 30 minutes. Not that likely that the ship will be late. I have made a 12:30 flight with no problems. Airport might be busy but you should be there well in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Out ships arrives in Venice at 08.00

We have 2 options of flights..12.25 from Marco polo or 21.15 from treviso

We would prefer the earlier flight but would we have enough time to disembark and get to the airport?

How much/quick is a land taxi from the terminal to the airport?

What's the likelihood of the ship docking late (it leaves split at 17.00 the night before)?

If we're pushed for time we might be swayed to the later flight from treviso (which I know is further away)..in this case we'd store our bags for the day and head into Venice. I've found baggage storeage at piazzale Roma but is there any at the cruise terminal?

Thanks

you should be OK-ships usually arrive earlier than advertised if anything to allow formalities to be completed and passengers disembark on time

Plan to be one of first to disembark and look into a pre booked taxi as can be hit and miss whether there is an available line of them at port

30 mins drive to Marco Polo airport but inside the terminal can be chaotic and no where to sit when waiting for check in desks to open

you mention Treviso airport as a possibility so assume you are travelling within Europe

Easy jet only opens 2 hours prior in all airports but at Marco Polo airlines share check in desks so keep having to check boards to see where your airline desk is

they never seem to have enough staff so lines move very slowly

It's a Sunday (2 Sept)

This 2 Sept is the day of the Regatta Storica, one of the busiest and most colorful days in Venice. Why not take advantage of it and leave on the late flight? The main boat race is at 4 pm down the grand canal as far as piazzale Roma.

Edited by marazul

It will be really packed with people, but if you plan to leave Venice by 17:00, after the main regatta, you still have nearly 4 hours before your flight leaves and two hours before you can check in. Pre-booking transport would be a good idea. It's well worth looking into it. I haven't looked into it because we are staying there for a few days.

Here are some pictures:

http://www.regatastoricavenezia.it/mg.php?pg=2&lang=en