Port Everglades Returned to different cruise terminal???

dawnprincess

Just off the Koningsdam in Ft Lauderdale. Have taken many cruises but this was a first for us. When we boarded the ship a week ago it was from Terminal 26 (and so we parked in that parking garage). We returned to Terminal 4! The ship made no announcements about this and we then had to pay $10 for a cab ride to our car. Does this happen often? Only at Port Everglades?

We've had this happen on Princess. I inquired at Passenger Services when they announced that we would return to a different terminal and they told me they were running a free continuous shuttle so we could disembark at will. It worked out well. Did you inquire if HAL offered the same?

I'm surprised they didn't have a free shuttle for you. This happened once to us on Princess. There were only a few of us that needed the shuttle and when it didn't come, Princess paid for a large taxi for us and another couple back to Terminal 21 from Terminal 2 to get our car.

No, no shuttle offered and in fact my husband suggested to the Cruise Director Christina that an announcement should be made. An hour later she said they were "working on it ". She claimed the Captain made an announcement the previous day, so there was plenty of time to set up shuttle arrangements as a courtesy.

No, no shuttle offered and in fact my husband suggested to the Cruise Director Christina that an announcement should be made. An hour later she said they were "working on it ". She claimed the Captain made an announcement the previous day, so there was plenty of time to set up shuttle arrangements as a courtesy.

That sounds like a HAL failure, not a Port Everglades one.

That sounds like a HAL failure, not a Port Everglades one.

Oh Definitely!! HAL dropped the ball. They chose NOT to make announcements so they could do nothing and to keep complaints to a minimum. As my husband said, if they were having a diamond sale the announcements would flow like wine.

I suspect it was the same here. But DH had several conversations with Cruise Director and she was the one who said we should take a taxi. I suspect this will be our last HAL cruise for various reasons although we loved their specialty restaurants. We always feel well cared for on Princess, Royal Caribbean and Celebrity.