Live: Jan 2 2018 Solstice Great Barrier Reef

mahdnc

Can you let us know how the tender process goes at Cairns - and how long it takes the tender boats to get from solstice to Cairns?

According to our itinerary we arrive at Yorkeys knob 10am on the first day and we have a private excursion booked that will pick us up at 12:45pm from Yorkeys knob yacht club.

I understand that passengers booked on celebrities own excursions get first choice for the tender boats, but would like to know if we would have enough time to get off the ship to make the tour? thanks

We took the special early tender this morning to Yorkey's Knob. The tender tickets were delivered to our stateroom on the night before. You have to notify Guest Relations in advance to get on the tender list.

2222a51462990fb3cc9111c26ded57ec.jpg

• Like 1

Actual transit time on the water was just under 30 minutes in calm seas.

This doesn't include loading and unloading the tender. We used the ship's tender which is much smaller than the large tenders contracted by Celebrity.

thanks for the update... do you know if there were people / companies at Yorkeys Knob / Port Douglas offering tours to passengers as they get off the tender boats? - I heard at some ports there were various tour operators offering tours to passengers

Quicksilver was great. The boat that takes you out to their pontoon moored at Agincourt Reef was huge and full. I think we had 400 passengers.

Although it is massive, the Quicksilver pontoon is a well run operation. We did snorkeling, certified scuba diving, and a helicopter ride. There were lots of coral, tons of fish, several sea turtles and many beautiful giant clams!

fc12a4a295650d7b4002013e7e87dd11.jpg

Holly2,

The seas were very smooth. Both for the tendering and the Quicksilver trip.

We sat indoors on the first level of the Quicksilver catamaran. Although I am seasickness prone, I did not get seasick.

Although I did not see any jellyfish, the marine biologist that accompanied us on our 1 hr guided snorkel tour showed us her one jellyfish sting and assured me they were out there. She also said that some of the jellyfish are too small to see.

Quicksilver was great. The boat that takes you out to their pontoon moored at Agincourt Reef was huge and full. I think we had 400 passengers.

Although it is massive, the Quicksilver pontoon is a well run operation. We did snorkeling, certified scuba diving, and a helicopter ride. There were lots of coral, tons of fish, several sea turtles and many beautiful giant clams!

fc12a4a295650d7b4002013e7e87dd11.jpg

Was this excursion through Celebrity? Sorry if I missed that info. Thanks! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

:DWill be on that same cruise on March 30 can’t wait to be there

Hi. My family and I are currently aboard Celebrity Solstice doing a 12 night Great Barrier Reef itinerary out of Sydney. The ship returns to Sydney on Sun Jan 14.

If anyone has questions for me, just ask--esp from those of you that are planning on doing this infrequent itinerary in the future.

So far the cruise is going well.

David