Equinox fixed or anytime dining - location in MDR

elh1

Does anyone know whether the Equinox anytime dining is upstairs or downstairs in the main dining room (or do they not limit it to one location anymore)? We have a table for two anytime dining booked, but the fixed 6:00 would work for us as well and is open. If I remember correctly I liked the upstairs MDR better because it seemed more intimate, quieter and many tables for two overlooked the lower MDR, it just seemed more private. I'm afraid if I switch to fixed dining I'll be stuck at a table in a large open space each night. I'm sure I would enjoy it either way, but don't want regret my decision if I choose. Any knowledge or insights would be appreciated!

Thanks for the tip. If that is the case, I might switch because both early and late seatings of fixed dining are currently open about one month out, which may mean that most are choosing anytime.

Can I ask a related question for our first Equinox cruise in March? We have the early fixed dining time reserved. Will they give us a private table for the 3 of us or will we have to sit with others? Based on some personal and medical reasons, we’d really want a private table. Or should I switch to anytime dining and make reservations for each day? Is there a dinner buffet for nights we don’t want to go to the MDR?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Can I ask a related question for our first Equinox cruise in March? We have the early fixed dining time reserved. Will they give us a private table for the 3 of us or will we have to sit with others? Based on some personal and medical reasons, we’d really want a private table. Or should I switch to anytime dining and make reservations for each day? Is there a dinner buffet for nights we don’t want to go to the MDR?

The buffet in the Oceanview Cafe is always open for dinner.

We had select dining for our Equinox Christmas cruise. Although not necessary, I went a head and made reservations at different times(depending on our schedule), each night. We were always seated upstairs with no wait. Those that didn’t have a reservation may have had a wait but the line moved quickly. We had the same waiter 3 of the 7 nights and he remembered our preferences, such as my husband used skim milk in his tea. I think you can request a table with others but we chose to dine alone and because we made advance reservations, we were always seated at a table for 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the information. Looks like select will be upstairs, so we will keep it. I called celebrity because I was unable to make select daily reservations online. They said it opens two days before sailing, so I’ll try again then or even start trying a few days before since two days is pretty close. I also asked for a table for two when I called since it wasn’t on our reservation. I don’t think that is something that can be done online either.

Was on Equinox last Feb and Nov both times table for 2 in traditional dining was seated downstairs.

If you decide on traditional visit mdr at embarkation and verify table size and location. If you're not happy there will be a head waiter available to handle change requests.

Sometimes, we are a party of three. One of us is disable so I know what you mean. We must have a table for three. Talk to the maitre d' as soon as you board. She should be able to make arrangements for you. We had select dining, but they offered us the same table/time and the same extraordinary waiter every night. It worked out very well.

Someone mentioned the buffet is an alternative if you don't feel like going to the MDR one night. The problem is that you will need to be able to make your way through the buffet stations. Sometimes there are crew members on the lookout for those with mobility issues, but not always. We noticed many people using their wheelchairs and rollators as makeshift trays.

Sometimes, we are a party of three. One of us is disable so I know what you mean. We must have a table for three. Talk to the maitre d' as soon as you board. She should be able to make arrangements for you. We had select dining, but they offered us the same table/time and the same extraordinary waiter every night. It worked out very well.

Someone mentioned the buffet is an alternative if you don't feel like going to the MDR one night. The problem is that you will need to be able to make your way through the buffet stations. Sometimes there are crew members on the lookout for those with mobility issues, but not always. We noticed many people using their wheelchairs and rollators as makeshift trays.

Thanks!