Any benefit to pre paying for internet?

travelrevealed

I am an NCL/Disney frequenter, new to Princess, and am wondering if there is any advantage to waiting and paying for internet minutes when onboard vs doing ahead of time online? We will be in the Diamond Princess in NZ/AUS in a few weeks... Thanks!

From what I saw, you get a 20% bonus in minutes.

i.e. pay for 100 minutes, get 120...

There are bonus minutes depending on plan when you purchase on your Cruise Personalizer. Bonus minutes are also available onboard but I am not sure if it is only as embarkation special as advertised on the Patter.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The biggest benefit to pre-paying for internet minutes is finding that either your voucher is not in your cabin and/or your extra bonus minutes did not appear upon activation--resulting in the super-extra benefit of a visit with the Internet Center Manager. Who is always the brightest ray of sunshine among the crew :rolleyes:

Just go with any embarkation day special that is offered on pretty much every cruise. No need to pre-pay.

Thanks for the info. So it sounds like you can prepay and get the bonus minutes, or simply book on board on day 1 and get the same bonus minutes?

No!

Prepay provides more bonus minutes.

If you buy on day one you also get bonus minutes but they are fewer than had you pre-paid.

Prepayment also locks you pricing. Should pricing go up your fees paid remain the same. If pricing goes down you simply cancel your prepaid minutes and purchase any potential new plan. Onboard purchases my be canceled anytime before the last couple days and the funds returned to the card that paid for them.

No!

Prepay provides more bonus minutes.

If you buy on day one you also get bonus minutes but they are fewer than had you pre-paid.

Prepayment also locks you pricing. Should pricing go up your fees paid remain the same. If pricing goes down you simply cancel your prepaid minutes and purchase any potential new plan. Onboard purchases my be canceled anytime before the last couple days and the funds returned to the card that paid for them.

Thanks Masterty!