Eastern Caribbean

cakewoman6

Best you will find is 4 port days and 2 sea days....most are 3 port days and 3 sea days. If you want a port intensive cruise....You need to cruise out of San Juan...Usually only 1 sea day on those departures

Best you will find is 4 port days and 2 sea days....most are 3 port days and 3 sea days. If you want a port intensive cruise....You need to cruise out of San Juan...Usually only 1 sea day on those departures

All the ones I’ve been going on are 4 port days and 2 sea days. I love sea days and want more of them. Which ones on Conquest Class or newer out of Florida are only 3 ports for a 7 day cruise? Carnival used to do it this way back when we started cruising, now everything I have found is only 2 sea days.

I am unfamiliar with which ships are "Conquest Class or newer", so I guess I need to brush up on that. I see that Carnival Conquest out of Ft Lauderdale does an 8-day Southern Carib.

Out of Port Canaveral, I have these options (some others, similar, out of other FL ports):

The 8-day Eastern Carib cruises have 4 ports,3 sea days.

The 7-day East C have 2 sea days.

There is a 6-day EC, 3 port, 2 sea day cruise.

And you can always go southern carib, 3 ports, 4 sea days.

Those are out of Port Canaveral - the other departure ports at a glance seem to have similar offering, but that "Conquest Class or newer" may be a sticking point if that is a requirement.

Conquest has a 6 day cruise with 4 ports - Half Moon Cay, Nassau, Grand Turk and Amber Cove. I'm looking at this itinerary in April.

Yes, you could get some sun on this itinerary. But Nassau as a port does not have a lot of fans. I have read review after review of people who say they just stay on the ship in Nassau. So, the original poster needs to decide if it's about the sun, the ship, or the itinerary & the ports.

If you want to maximize sun and port calls, look at Carnival's sailings out of Puerto Rico:

https://www.carnival.com/itinerary/7-day-southern-caribbean-cruise/san-juan/fascination/7-days/scy?Military=N&PastGuest=N&Senior=N&numGuests=2&rateCode=&roomType=IS&sailDate=09162018

I've taken this cruise (though not on the Fascination), and it's maximum sun and port. Essentially the ship's a floating hotel. Right now one of the major discount airlines is having a sale from east coast cities directly to San Juan, so the air fare wouldn't be all that bad.