NFL playoff games on Carnival ships

NavarreCruiser

This may be a stretch, but am curious if Carnival found a way to broadcast the first round of the playoffs (the wild card games) that happened this last weekend. As has been discussed on these boards Carnival is in process of transitioning to a Turner Television-based satellite offering that eliminates the 4 broadcast networks.

Some ships have already made the transition the rest should be done by March. John Heald has assured us that the super bowl will be shown on ships but I wonder if the playoff games leading up to the Superbowl will also be shown. It may be too soon for anyone to respond. The ships with the old system should be fine, but I wonder about the others.

I'll let you know, I'll be in the Conquest sports bar the next 2 weekends starting on Sunday watching the playoffs!:D

I don't think you will find anything in writing anywhere. That said, we have sailed maybe 3-4 times during the playoffs, and the games have always been available.

Big games are usually on. Its the folks who are like 'hope they have Bears/Dolphins at 1pm' who are usually out of luck.

It sounds like many Carnival customers haven't yet heard about the recent changes in Carnival TV programming that will impact viewing sporting events on Carnival TVs. I guess they will find out first hand over time The information shared on this board is that the TV programming changes will be completed on all ships by March 2018, and some ships have already lost the ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX channels. I sailed on Carnival Dream last week and the changes have already occurred on Dream. These are the channels that were available last week on Dream, and I'm assuming this will be the channel lineup fleet-wide by the end of March. So all the sporting games you've enjoyed on Carnival ships in the past will change or have already changed.

CNN

CNN International

CNN in Spanish

Headline News

Boomerang

Cartoon Network

Turner Network Television (TNT)

Turner Broadcasting System (TBS)

Turner Classic Movies (TCM)

True TV

One complimentary movie channel however most of the time this channel only showed an advertisement for what was available on Pay Per View for $4.99 per movie

We were on the Ecstasy for a New Year's cruise. We left out of Charleston. On Jan 1, there were MANY passengers gathered at ALL of the TVs on the ship to watch the football bowl games. Particularly - MANY MANY Clemson fans, all decked out in their Clemson gear...waiting to watch the Clemson/Alabama game. Early in the day, everything was fine. (I got to see the Notre Dame game! Yaaaay!) Later that night, late in the 3rd quarter of the Rose Bowl, the ship completely LOST satellite signal!!!! And never got it back (not that night, at least). So....no Clemson/Alabama game...and many disappointed fans.

Long story short...even if it seems like you might be able to get a game...satellite problems happen!!! (Of course, as it turns out, maybe it was kinder that the Clemson fans didn't see the game. Still, I really felt for them...all decked out, gathered together with fellow fans, ready to cheer.)

It sounds like many Carnival customers haven't yet heard about the recent changes in Carnival TV programming that will impact viewing sporting events on Carnival TVs. I guess they will find out first hand over time The information shared on this board is that the TV programming changes will be completed on all ships by March 2018, and some ships have already lost the ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX channels. I sailed on Carnival Dream last week and the changes have already occurred on Dream. These are the channels that were available last week on Dream, and I'm assuming this will be the channel lineup fleet-wide by the end of March. So all the sporting games you've enjoyed on Carnival ships in the past will change or have already changed.

CNN

CNN International

CNN in Spanish

Headline News

Boomerang

Cartoon Network

Turner Network Television (TNT)

Turner Broadcasting System (TBS)

Turner Classic Movies (TCM)

True TV

One complimentary movie channel however most of the time this channel only showed an advertisement for what was available on Pay Per View for $4.99 per movie

Sports is on in the Sports Bar! Agreed, the movie channel is mostly commercials, but the turner channels had movies on every night on several channels!

We did get some ABC, etc. out of Miami while the signal was good!

OH NO! We are sailing on the Elation this Thursday (January 18th) through Monday. The Jaguars are playing the Pats this weekend. I never thought about them NOT showing the games, and my husband is counting on watching them. Does anyone know whether the Elation has changed their channels yet? I certainly hope not!

OH NO! We are sailing on the Elation this Thursday (January 18th) through Monday. The Jaguars are playing the Pats this weekend. I never thought about them NOT showing the games, and my husband is counting on watching them. Does anyone know whether the Elation has changed their channels yet? I certainly hope not!

there is no reason the sports bars will not be showing football

there is no reason the sports bars will not be showing football

Was on an NCL cruise out of Miami in November and the Hurricanes were playing an afternoon game.

Nevermind not having that game on, they failed to show any football all cruise. Just soccer/cricket . . . Even at the "Sports Bar". It was embarrassing and disappointing. Luckily on Sunday I found a bar near The docks in Nassau and was able to watch the 1 p.m. Games.

If Carnival is going the same route I will X them off my football season cruiseline preference regardless of the rate.

Nothing better than watching a playoff game on the Seaside Theather. Would suck to see those disappear. It ABSOLUTELY will play a factor for people cruising in January if those games are not available.

I agree I have watched many national championships both football and basketball on the big screen at the seaside theater, so much fun. If that goes away it really disappoints me

Was on an NCL cruise out of Miami in November and the Hurricanes were playing an afternoon game.

Nevermind not having that game on, they failed to show any football all cruise. Just soccer/cricket . . . Even at the "Sports Bar". It was embarrassing and disappointing. Luckily on Sunday I found a bar near The docks in Nassau and was able to watch the 1 p.m. Games.

If Carnival is going the same route I will X them off my football season cruiseline preference regardless of the rate.

That is sad to hear, lets hope that is not the case now..... I know we are on a cruise, but that is something I enjoy doing. my family understands that sports are part of my life, why would something I enjoy be something I would ignore on my vacation. No way.

Nothing better than watching a playoff game on the Seaside Theather. Would suck to see those disappear. It ABSOLUTELY will play a factor for people cruising in January if those games are not available.

Watched last years AFC Championship game on the big screen . Nice way to watch a game and my team won which made it sweeter