Pat down for artificial knees? Why?

nlktx49

Why....because the next guy who is concealing some sort of weapon that sets off the detector will just go "I have a replacement knee" and walk through if it isn't verified.

Try being logical instead of so emotional about everything....you will find there will be fewer things to 'outrage' over.

I am the OP - I called my orthopedic surgeon's office yesterday to ask if they could provide me with a letter or certificate stating I have artificial knees that will set off the metal detector. She said they could, but it wouldn't do any good. They are required by law to do the pat down.

I guess then you will need to just change your mindset. While it is no fun, it is a way of life for you and either you look at it as just one of the aspects of cruising and accept it, or not cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am in the same position because I wear a medical device. The first few times they pat you down it feels intrusive and embarrassing. You will get used to it. Don’t worry. Better to be safe than sorry. Just keep thinking how much fun is ahead after that pat down.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A few years ago two Russian planes were brought down and all aboard were killed. The cause? An elderly Russian woman in each plane with a bomb in a radio.

The world has paid the price ever since with increased and very necessary security measures.

I get wanded and patted down at airports, cruise ship terminals and NFL stadiums.

And I’m grateful for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums