Different prices displayed on website

I did a quick search of the forums and didn't see anything related to this, but apologize if I missed something.

On RCI's website, there are 3 prices listed. One is if they pick the room for you (guaranteed rate, I understand that), but the other two look to offer the same things (including I pick the room) but one is more expensive than the other. When I click through, I still can't see any difference in what you get for the two different prices.

Can anyone explain?

Thanks!

I did a quick search of the forums and didn't see anything related to this, but apologize if I missed something.

On RCI's website, there are 3 prices listed. One is if they pick the room for you (guaranteed rate, I understand that), but the other two look to offer the same things (including I pick the room) but one is more expensive than the other. When I click through, I still can't see any difference in what you get for the two different prices.

Can anyone explain?

Thanks!

Is it possible one is refundable deposit and the other is non-refundable?

That could well be it...though I read about the refundable/non-refundable on cruises that are at least 90 days out. I'm looking at one in about 60 days. Still, if they have the same pricing rules, that might be it.

Is it possible one is refundable deposit and the other is non-refundable?

That could well be it...though I read about the refundable/non-refundable on cruises that are at least 90 days out. I'm looking at one in about 60 days. Still, if they have the same pricing rules, that might be it.

No, 60 days should be all non-refundable. What cruise and category?

I’ve seen similar pricing errors. In my case there were two different prices but when you clicked through they were the same at the end.

My advice is to keep track of the prices all the way through. Make sure all discounts/ bonuses are applied and you get the correct price on the last page. Make sure you know if the deposit is refundable or not.

Their website is terrible.

I don't get it either. Both prices end up selecting a D2 stateroom.

Exactly.

Things that make you go, “hmmm.”

And thanks to the others for the advice on keeping track of price all the way through.

I’d call my TA to ask, but I don’t want to get her excited because I’m not necessarily ready to book.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Exactly.

Things that make you go, “hmmm.”

And thanks to the others for the advice on keeping track of price all the way through.

I’d call my TA to ask, but I don’t want to get her excited because I’m not necessarily ready to book.

Please report back if you find the difference.

I'm working on a spring break cruise. Thought it was just me who couldn't figure out the third tier of pricing! Appears to be the same as the "you pick the room" results - just higher priced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm working on a spring break cruise. Thought it was just me who couldn't figure out the third tier of pricing! Appears to be the same as the "you pick the room" results - just higher priced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is strange. I’ll let you know if I learn anything.

I’m just glad this hasn’t been addressed 100 times in this forum and I’m “that guy” asking a question AGAIN.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would say call customer service to see what they say but based past on previous RCI experience, I doubt they know either.

That's for sure. My DIL called Friday to get a price adjustment and the price wasn't the same as she had figured. The rep was trying to get them to not take the nonrefundable rate. They were booked with the refundable rate before the call.

My DIL told the rep that the final payment date was in 2 days so what was the point of taking the refundable rate.

The reps response: Are you sure you want the non refundable rate?

Sometimes it's scary. lol

Bill