Questions about the empress of the seas

Hello,

I haven't been on RCCL for almost 20 years - usually sail Princess - but am looking at the Empress to go to Cuba because they seem to have the longest port time. I realize it's an older ship, which doesn't bother me.

A few questions, do they have open seating at dinner or only set dinner times? Do they have tables for 2? Is the dining room open for lunch? Are there refrigerators in the inside rooms? Is there a free steam/sauna in the spa area?

Thanks

We cruised on Empress twice in the last 13 months. No refrigerator in 8004 (OV) or 8001 (Inside). I have Compasses from the last one, Key West/Havana overnight in Oct '17. No lunch in the MDR, but they did have brunch there, either 9-12 or 9:30-12:30 on three mornings. We had a table for 2 for dinner, MTD. Didn't go to the spa.

We cruised on Empress twice in the last 13 months. No refrigerator in 8004 (OV) or 8001 (Inside). I have Compasses from the last one, Key West/Havana overnight in Oct '17. No lunch in the MDR, but they did have brunch there, either 9-12 or 9:30-12:30 on three mornings. We had a table for 2 for dinner, MTD. Didn't go to the spa.

I was looking at cabin 8001. I see there is a little deck right out the door in front. Did you get a lot of foot traffic because of it? What is above, the bridge?

I was looking at cabin 8001. I see there is a little deck right out the door in front. Did you get a lot of foot traffic because of it? What is above, the bridge?

Very little foot traffic, very quiet area, not really on the way to anything. The deck in front is accessible from hatches on either side. Sometimes there was a chair or two on the deck, but probably put there by pax, as I once saw crew removing one. There is a stairway leading down to 7, and then one down to 6. Most pax don't know it exists, but is a great place to see forward, just not as convenient to get elsewhere as inner stairways/elevators. Often, the hatches are latched (not locked) from the inside. Bridge is above. We had an excellent view going into Havana harbor.