Is there an onboard incentive to get the Celebrity credit card

HUNGRYGREEK

I'm not sure what is done onboard, but today I received an email touting their credit card and offering 10,000 "MyCruise" rewards points. The catch is that the points will only be awarded if you make a transaction within the firs 90 days, so they would likely apply to a future cruise. And there is an annual fee for the card.

With $100 in OBC for every 10,000 points and annual fee, it is perhaps the worst credit card reward program I’ve ever been offered. I’ve not seen any promotions when onboard like you saw with NCL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

there are 2 versions on the Celebrity Visa. I have the one that has no annual fee. It comes with less perks, but I received the 10,000 points and I did it when they had another incentive (can't remember what it was but it was worth it.) I only use the card to pay off the cruises and I will use it on the cruise. I get double points when I use it for Celebrity purchases. I now have about $250 OBC for my next cruise and I have had the card for less than a year.

The Chase Sapphire reserve is a way better card. It has a high yearly fee but you get most of it back as a travel credit. The travel insurance, points and other benefits are also way better. I have the celebrity card but I will be cancelling it now that I have the sapphire. The sapphire card gives you 3x points on any travel and any dining. Plus spend $4k in the first 3 months and you get 50,000 points. Celebrity is only 1 point per dollar and 2 points on celebrity purchases.

If you travel, the Southwest card, Hyatt, Saphire Reserve and Prefered are many times better than the Celebrity card ( all are from Chase). A E has the Hilton no fee card also. Alaska Air card from BOA is another great card (if you are on the Westcoast). I have all of the above. I don't pay for airfare, or hotel rooms. It s the sign up points and then bonuses if you use them that make them worthwhile. I looked at getting the Celebrity card and the annual fee one had some merit but really was worthless too. Best I saw for the Celebrity card was 10,000 plus 5000 points on their website. Unless you want a cool looking credit card with a Celebrity Ship on it stay away. There were no promotions onboard my last sailing for this card.

BTW all those bonuses the credit card companies pay along with perks are the last bit of free money the US govt. has not figured out how to tax. But I expect it to be soon.

I've had the sapphire reserve for about 4 months and I nearly have enough points to take me and the wife on a 7 day cruise if I book through chase. Booking travel thru them they give you 1.5X your points, so my 65000 point becomes nearly 100000 points. With this card I will no longer purchase any travel insurance so that will save me some $$ and make up for the cards yearly fee. It also gets me into the airport lounges:D