Formula 1 is $10

XD cinema is $10

Billiard is $10

Bowling is $25 / $45

Spend 60 you get 100

Spend 70 get 30

Spend 50 get 15

Spend 25 get 5

Zipline is $10 per ride or $50 unlimited for all passengers on the same cabin. But I do not know if you can use the same offers above for the zipline, I honestly don´t think so as the zip line was initially free and was not considered withing the arcade packages.

• Thanks 1

Formula 1 is $10

XD cinema is $10

Billiard is $10

Bowling is $25 / $45

Spend 60 you get 100

Spend 70 get 30

Spend 50 get 15

Spend 25 get 5

Zipline is $10 per ride or $50 unlimited for all passengers on the same cabin. But I do not know if you can use the same offers above for the zipline, I honestly don´t think so as the zip line was initially free and was not considered withing the arcade packages.

Could you help some of us out? You note that "the zipline was initially free". Could you post the advertisement or document that states that. I cannot find anything that states the zipline as specifically being free.

Could you help some of us out? You note that "the zipline was initially free". Could you post the advertisement or document that states that. I cannot find anything that states the zipline as specifically being free.

Hi, I have read about every available discussion thread about the Seaside here. It was reportedly free initially (sorry, you'll have to read through the threads to get specific sources) but now it's not, except perhaps for YC passengers. Does it really matter whether it was once free?

The prices stated are almost correct. However, it's not buy 60, get 100 but buy 100 get 160. Otherwise, 10 bucks per go on whatever - except for bowling. This I got from a review posted on the board instead of reviews.

I know it's tedious but I recommend reading as many discussions as you can - there is some misinformation and some nonsensical posts but generally you get a whole lot of information that way.

Formula 1 is $10

XD cinema is $10

Billiard is $10

Bowling is $25 / $45

Spend 60 you get 100

Spend 70 get 30

Spend 50 get 15

Spend 25 get 5

Hm? Doesn't make sense to me.

It's:

Spend $100, get $60 for a total of $160

Spend $70, get $30 for a total of $100

Spend $50, get $15 for a total of $65

Spend $25, get $5 for a total of $30

Hi, I have read about every available discussion thread about the Seaside here. It was reportedly free initially (sorry, you'll have to read through the threads to get specific sources) but now it's not, except perhaps for YC passengers. Does it really matter whether it was once free?

The prices stated are almost correct. However, it's not buy 60, get 100 but buy 100 get 160. Otherwise, 10 bucks per go on whatever - except for bowling. This I got from a review posted on the board instead of reviews.

I know it's tedious but I recommend reading as many discussions as you can - there is some misinformation and some nonsensical posts but generally you get a whole lot of information that way.

What I am looking for is confirmed statement or documentation from MSC that during the time frame that I booked my cruise on the seaside that the zipline was included at no extra charge. I am unable to find any such documentation myself.

I realize that it was free for the first sailing or two, I get that. I understand the assumption that it is included since it was not listed specifically as a charge, but you know what they say about assuming. If we were to find documentation that it was free for my cruise, we could use that to hold MSC accountable. I feel that no such actual information exist though, other than "reporting" on cruise forums.

What I am looking for is confirmed statement or documentation from MSC that during the time frame that I booked my cruise on the seaside that the zipline was included at no extra charge. I am unable to find any such documentation myself.

I realize that it was free for the first sailing or two, I get that. I understand the assumption that it is included since it was not listed specifically as a charge, but you know what they say about assuming. If we were to find documentation that it was free for my cruise, we could use that to hold MSC accountable. I feel that no such actual information exist though, other than "reporting" on cruise forums.

You're right. I doubt that there is any such documentation from MSC. It's a brand new ship. From a business perspective, I can see how they want to keep the option open to charge for things. 10 bucks is a bit steep imho but if I can't afford it or don't want to pay it, I am quite certain that I can still enjoy my cruise. The ship is gorgeous, the ports are great. The evening shows are still free (i hope lol), the food is free (I don't require Lobster). I sprung for a balcony so that's good.

I am not one to get too upset about the "nickle and dime" issue (although it seems more like a lotsa dollars instead of nickles).

I am going on a short cruise with RCCL next month and I am shocked seeing their prices. The cruise was cheap but the alcohol is not. I won't be drinking much. But I know I'll enjoy it anyway.

When I book a cruise, I want to know all the details, as well. I mean why else would I hang out on CC?

I have to say the bowling charge seems quite ridiculous. I don't know if two people could bowl a full game in 30 minutes or not, but I would take my own bowling shoes to save on that charge LOL. Guess we will be skipping that one. NCL was at least like $6 per game and not by the time, and they often ran discounts on it too. When we did the Divina their small route 66 lanes were always empty, never passed by with anyone using them. Wonder if the bowling will be the same on the Seaside - as in relatively unused.

Can't say that I ever remember info about ziplining at all when we initially booked - which was December 2015.

I have to say the bowling charge seems quite ridiculous. I don't know if two people could bowl a full game in 30 minutes or not, but I would take my own bowling shoes to save on that charge LOL. Guess we will be skipping that one. NCL was at least like $6 per game and not by the time, and they often ran discounts on it too. When we did the Divina their small route 66 lanes were always empty, never passed by with anyone using them. Wonder if the bowling will be the same on the Seaside - as in relatively unused.

Can't say that I ever remember info about ziplining at all when we initially booked - which was December 2015.

I agree. I also thought that bowling is ridiculously expensive for some reason. I noticed the empty lanes on the Divina, as well. My teenage son said he and his friends bowled a few times.

I won't be using the bowling lanes for the current price. I shall seek out some free fun. ;)

Wonder if they will offer that pass that is something like $85 and gives you unlimited access,

No. They now offer discounts ... if you spend 100 dollars, you get 160 dollars etc.

I think the zipline has a flat rate of 50 dollars for unlimited use.

Wow.

This is going to cost me a small fortune with me' date=' DH & our six kids. 🤦*♀️

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/quote']

Lol. Yes, I would probably skip it.

I don't remember whether the zip line flat rate was per person or per cabin.

And perhaps they are going to change their pricing and brink back the original fun package (79 dollars per cabin for unlimited use of F1, XD, bowling) at some point. I imagine there are quite a few people who are unhappy about this and can't or won't afford to pay for it.

LOL

I’m getting a little nutsy watching this board.

I have to decide by 3/11. And I WANT to want to go. I’ll never find a substitute vacation for the same price as I found this. But my biggest issues are sewage and add-ons. Drink package upgrade would be nice, but wouldn’t make or break me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

LOL

I’m getting a little nutsy watching this board.

I have to decide by 3/11. And I WANT to want to go. I’ll never find a substitute vacation for the same price as I found this. But my biggest issues are sewage and add-ons. Drink package upgrade would be nice' date=' but wouldn’t make or break me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/quote']

Just go for it.

I mentioned before in another post/thread:

People with negative experiences are more likely to post reviews.

Most of the time, whether something is a good or bad experience is really up to you. An attitude, if you will.

What is a horrible disaster for one person is insignificant to another person (or in other words: One man's trash is another man's treasure).

Just enjoy your vacation. It will be fine!

Just go for it.

I mentioned before in another post/thread:

People with negative experiences are more likely to post reviews.

Most of the time, whether something is a good or bad experience is really up to you. An attitude, if you will.

What is a horrible disaster for one person is insignificant to another person (or in other words: One man's trash is another man's treasure).

Just enjoy your vacation. It will be fine!

We are good at making lemonade out of lemons. I just will want to figure out the cost of doing all the fun things that wooed is to this ship in the first place. The ropes course on NCL was what got us onto that ship.

• 1 year later...
On 1/11/2018 at 10:54 AM, tcneal said:

There was also a rumor posted that the Zipline might be free for YC guest? Can someone confirm this? I don't know if this true for the "arcade" charges also.

Zipline was free for yacht club in July 2018