Cozumel Bar Hop Questions

JanShanNJessPartyOf3

We are sailing on the Epic, and will be in Cozumel on April 5th. We are interested in doing the bar hop, but we have a few questions...

1) There will be 3 of us - me, my hubby & our 18 year old son. Our son is worried that there will be *nothing* for him to do, since he is under 21 (I'm assuming you have to be 21 to drink), and all the stops are at bars. I've seen the pics & read the reviews, but I'd like to know any other info/ideas that I can relay to him.

2) I've read/heard that swimming in the ocean during stops is not recommended due to strong currents/riptides. Is it not ALLOWED, or just not RECOMMENDED? Is wading permissible?

3) What are your food/drink recommendations at each stop?

Thanks! :)

We are sailing on the Epic, and will be in Cozumel on April 5th. We are interested in doing the bar hop, but we have a few questions...

1) There will be 3 of us - me, my hubby & our 18 year old son. Our son is worried that there will be *nothing* for him to do, since he is under 21 (I'm assuming you have to be 21 to drink), and all the stops are at bars. I've seen the pics & read the reviews, but I'd like to know any other info/ideas that I can relay to him.

2) I've read/heard that swimming in the ocean during stops is not recommended due to strong currents/riptides. Is it not ALLOWED, or just not RECOMMENDED? Is wading permissible?

3) What are your food/drink recommendations at each stop?

Thanks! :)

Legal drinking age in Mexico is 18.

Not sure if you have seen this photo intensive review if you would like a visual? Ignore if you don’t want to spoil the surprise!

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/CarnivalElationApr2013/index.htm

Scroll down to find Bar Hop stops. The review is a little dated but basically sound as to what to expect at each stop.

Swimming is allowed but not recommended. Person died just a couple of weeks ago swimming on east side. Pay attention to flags. There is a small pool at first stop. (Also keep in mind each stop is only about 45 mins for getting wet and dry before moving on in van.)

Lots of photo ops if your son is interested in that. Volleyball net at first stop if any in group are interested. There is not a lot to do at each stop other than socialize and explore but tour is well run, and moves ahead efficiently as you bond with your group! We are returning in a couple of weeks.

Be sure to read FAQ page of Bar Hop website.

We did the barhop with my then 19 year old son a few years back. It was definitely one of his favorite days, and ours. Drinking age is 18 in Mexico but be forwarded some of their mixed drink are STRONG.

The guides let you know what each stop in known for. My husband and son did swim at one stop and others in our tour group at many.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Legal drinking age in Mexico is 18.

Not sure if you have seen this photo intensive review if you would like a visual? Ignore if you don’t want to spoil the surprise!

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/CarnivalElationApr2013/index.htm

Scroll down to find Bar Hop stops. The review is a little dated but basically sound as to what to expect at each stop.

Swimming is allowed but not recommended. Person died just a couple of weeks ago swimming on east side. Pay attention to flags. There is a small pool at first stop. (Also keep in mind each stop is only about 45 mins for getting wet and dry before moving on in van.)

Lots of photo ops if your son is interested in that. Volleyball net at first stop if any in group are interested. There is not a lot to do at each stop other than socialize and explore but tour is well run, and moves ahead efficiently as you bond with your group! We are returning in a couple of weeks.

Be sure to read FAQ page of Bar Hop website.

This looks like fun! I’ve seen a few different bar hops in Cozumel though, which one is this?

Lois

It looks like the tour includes one drink at each stop and then you need to buy your own food and other drinks. Is that correct?

The “shots” are described here

http://www.cozumelbarhop.com/shots.aspx

Keep in mind they are more like samples than straight shots.

Yes you are able to buy extra food and drinks but remember you need to bring cash, no electricity on east side.

Does the bus/van go by the lighthouse on the way back?

Which lighthouse? Punta Sur? No, because this is in the National Park and you have to pay an entrance.

Rastas is close to the entrance to the park.

Or do you mean on Melgar, south of town.

• 2 months later...

No credit cards taken on the hop. Cash only. Each stop's drink is a shot, not a large drink. Buy your own food and drink. Excellent driver will drop you at your pier after the hop, no worries.

First stop has the pool. Second stop, Coconuts, has the photo albums. Third stop has monster margaritas and incredible ceviche. Have the servers take your pic by the mayan statue. Rastas, gotta have the peanut butter tequila. Yep.... peanut butter tequila.

Folks, they pour tequila drinks strong. You don't want to use the bucket on the bus. Pace yourselves.

Say hi to Colleen, Sergio and Tom for us.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Forums mobile app

No credit cards taken on the hop. Cash only. Each stop's drink is a shot, not a large drink. Buy your own food and drink. Excellent driver will drop you at your pier after the hop, no worries.

First stop has the pool. Second stop, Coconuts, has the photo albums. Third stop has monster margaritas and incredible ceviche. Have the servers take your pic by the mayan statue. Rastas, gotta have the peanut butter tequila. Yep.... peanut butter tequila.

Folks, they pour tequila drinks strong. You don't want to use the bucket on the bus. Pace yourselves.

Say hi to Colleen, Sergio and Tom for us.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Forums mobile app

Do they use high proof e.g. 80-90 proof or Mexican proof which is about half of that in their drinks. Mexican licquor is usually the half proof. That's what is used in most all inclusives