How Can Regent Corporate Improve???

Travelcat2

Er ...... How is it not in Regents control if they select the airline? In nearly every case, there is a number of airlines Regent could use. As I have said in a previous "thread", it sometimes appears that Regent use certain airlines so that customers will pay extra to change airlines so that they get a direct (non-stop) flight or higher baggage allowance.

Really???

Er ...... How is it not in Regents control if they select the airline? In nearly every case, there is a number of airlines Regent could use. As I have said in a previous "thread", it sometimes appears that Regent use certain airlines so that customers will pay extra to change airlines so that they get a direct (non-stop) flight or higher baggage allowance.

Regent contracts a certain number of seats on various airlines and routes. Passengers that deviate 270 days prior to the cruise have a better chance of finding exactly what they want when they deviate. By the time tickets are booked for the rest of the passengers there are fewer choices. When you add the U.K. into the mix, there are even fewer flights.

Also, the. percentage of passengers from the U.K. is usually less than 20% of passengers so Regent probably cannot get as many contracts for certain fights into and out of the U.K. In any case, it is always an option to book your own flights

Anchorbuoy - what you suggested would likely work but I assume it would be one heck of a lot of work - at least at the beginning - to match people up with their CC alias'. Now you have me wondering how long it would take. First the people have to sign up for the M&M which not all of us do (we don't for instance). Then they would have to look for their "names" on CC to find matches. At least it would identify real Regent passengers. On the other hand, maybe some posters would rather remain anonymous.

Edited by Travelcat2

My suggestion for how Regent corporate could improve would be that they should read the CC threads devoted to Regent topics by supposedly valued customers who are trying to communicate in real time vs. only on board comment cards. There is clearly a frustration level with this company that they are choosing to ignore.

That is what happens on the Viking Ocean board. There are many threads where the Viking representative just "chimes in".

My suggestion for how Regent corporate could improve would be that they should read the CC threads devoted to Regent topics by supposedly valued customers who are trying to communicate in real time vs. only on board comment cards. There is clearly a frustration level with this company that they are choosing to ignore.

That is what happens on the Viking Ocean board. There are many threads where the Viking representative just "chimes in".

Yes, this is all that needs to happen. Theories of how RSSC could respond ie. matching up CC monikers to real names, etc. is adding an unnecessary level of complexity. Regent rep monitors the board. Regent rep posts when appropriate. Regent rep gives contact info so poster can reach directly if needed. Onus is then on person with issue to contact Regent weeding out any alleged trolls.

Done.

To my knowledge, there is no one assigned to read the Regent board all of the time. However, it is read by various people at corporate and some officers onboard the ships (which is why they can sometimes solve general issues if posted while still onboard the ship).

A few years ago the President of Regent (different president) and the CEO sometimes posted on the Regent board. Perhaps there was no value in doing so.

Edited by Travelcat2

That’s the point. It would be helpful to have someone following social media comments.

As indicated, they do have someone who monitors CC (not full time as that is obviously not needed). The issue seems to be responding to questions on CC which is a different situation in terms of a persons time as many things require research. Isn't that what Customer Service and our TA's are for? Keep in mind that answers are not the same for everyone - it depends upon where in the world you are located.

P.S. If you look at the big question of the past two months....... why are the two Panama Canal cruises in 2020 waitlisted, there was no answer that Regent could give as they were still figuring it out.

Edited by Travelcat2

As indicated, they do have someone who monitors CC (not full time as that is obviously not needed).

Well lets hope someone from Regent does monitor CC and picks up on the current issues being reported on Mariner following its re-fit.

I have no doubt that corporate is aware of what is going on and they did not have to read about it on CC. They have meetings with the onboard General Managers daily. In my opinion, CC is more for sharing information with other travelers. Secondarily, it gives Regent a heads up to individual issues that may not have been brought up to the General Manager.

I have no doubt that corporate is aware of what is going on and they did not have to read about it on CC. They have meetings with the onboard General Managers daily. In my opinion, CC is more for sharing information with other travelers. Secondarily, it gives Regent a heads up to individual issues that may not have been brought up to the General Manager.

Well its disappointing that a senior manager was on-board and there appears to still be problems that have not been sorted.

Well its disappointing that a senior manager was on-board and there appears to still be problems that have not been sorted.

Are they easily fixable issues or will they take some time to resolve? I would think that the safe's are now open, televisions and water to the new faucets are connected, etc. In terms of furniture being too large for a suite (same issue as some suites on Explorer), this will take longer. The fact that Jason Montague, CEO/President of Regent was onboard Mariner says a lot about how much they really do care.

[quote name=Travelcat2;55785770

P.S. If you look at the big question of the past two months....... why are the two Panama Canal cruises in 2020 waitlisted' date=' there was no answer that Regent could give as they were still figuring it out.[/quote]

And that’s a simply ridiculous situation, someone at Regent knew why they were showing waitlisted, and had an answer but they chose not to say at that time.

Are they easily fixable issues or will they take some time to resolve? I would think that the safe's are now open, televisions and water to the new faucets are connected, etc. In terms of furniture being too large for a suite (same issue as some suites on Explorer), this will take longer. The fact that Jason Montague, CEO/President of Regent was onboard Mariner says a lot about how much they really do care.

As a six star cruise line, the ship should never have been let out into service without appropriate quality checks having been undertaken - but of course, that would affect their bottom line - that's how much they really care.

I would have been more impressed if people were reporting that compensation had been authorised by Jason Montague to all those customers who had been affected by Regents poor quality assurance.

As a six star cruise line, the ship should never have been let out into service without appropriate quality checks having been undertaken - but of course, that would affect their bottom line - that's how much they really care.

I would have been more impressed if people were reporting that compensation had been authorised by Jason Montague to all those customers who had been affected by Regents poor quality assurance.

Regent does not owe compensation for the minor issues on the Mariner IMHO. Why is it that nowadays everyone wants compensation for everything? On our 31 Regent cruises, we have seen pipes break and flood suites and hallways and a variety of other minor but unsettling issues. A goodwill gesture of some OBC's would be nice but certainly is not required. The one person that had a real issue on the ship was relocated to a different suite and is happy.

Hope that your upcoming cruise is a good one and that it lives up to your expectations. That is really all I have to say on the issue of the current Mariner cruise.

P.S. Had Jason Montague authorized compensation for these minor issues (locked safes, televisions not plugged in, etc.), he may as well leave Regent's wallet open because every time the slightest little thing went wrong on a ship, passengers would have their hands out.

Regent does not owe compensation for the minor issues on the Mariner IMHO. Why is it that nowadays everyone wants compensation for everything? On our 31 Regent cruises, we have seen pipes break and flood suites and hallways and a variety of other minor but unsettling issues. A goodwill gesture of some OBC's would be nice but certainly is not required. The one person that had a real issue on the ship was relocated to a different suite and is happy.

Hope that your upcoming cruise is a good one and that it lives up to your expectations. That is really all I have to say on the issue of the current Mariner cruise.

P.S. Had Jason Montague authorized compensation for these minor issues (locked safes, televisions not plugged in, etc.), he may as well leave Regent's wallet open because every time the slightest little thing went wrong on a ship, passengers would have their hands out.

No water in their cabin, ceiling taken apart to fix the air con - plus no swimming pool. Hardly minor issues on any ship, let alone a luxury 6 star ship.

As indicated, they do have someone who monitors CC (not full time as that is obviously not needed). The issue seems to be responding to questions on CC which is a different situation in terms of a persons time as many things require research. Isn't that what Customer Service and our TA's are for? Keep in mind that answers are not the same for everyone - it depends upon where in the world you are located.

P.S. If you look at the big question of the past two months....... why are the two Panama Canal cruises in 2020 waitlisted, there was no answer that Regent could give as they were still figuring it out.

I know that silence is golden, but not when posters are constantly asking the same or similar questions. Silence is eventually just rude and failed customer service.

As for declaring that there was no answer that Regent could give because they were still figuring it out, in fact, Regent can respond while it dithers. Why can't a spokesperson at least say that we won't have an answer until..... because......? An explanation would be the polite and appropriate customer service response.

There is the implication that responding to some of these lengthy threads on CC might take too much of a spokeperson's time because the answers could require some research. Yes, like calling someone in management and asking why the tide tables changed? Or why the internet doesn't work. Or why two Panama Canal cruises in 2020 are waitlisted.

Then there is the idea that guests or potential guests should call customer service or their travel agent to get answers rather than asking a question online. I'm a bit confused. Seems like every call to the customer service line would require the same research and consume even more overall time until someone definitively answered the question and spreads the word. How many calls to customer service could be avoided and how much time could be saved if someone just answered the question on CC or on the website????

The current standard for communication and marketing departments is to respond as to issues as rapidly as possible. Silence leads to speculation, incorrect guesses and misinformation being put forth, and perpetuates the underlying problem rather than resolving it.

I know that silence is golden, but not when posters are constantly asking the same or similar questions. Silence is eventually just rude and failed customer service.

As for declaring that there was no answer that Regent could give because they were still figuring it out, in fact, Regent can respond while it dithers. Why can't a spokesperson at least say that we won't have an answer until..... because......? An explanation would be the polite and appropriate customer service response.

There is the implication that responding to some of these lengthy threads on CC might take too much of a spokeperson's time because the answers could require some research. Yes, like calling someone in management and asking why the tide tables changed? Or why the internet doesn't work. Or why two Panama Canal cruises in 2020 are waitlisted.

Then there is the idea that guests or potential guests should call customer service or their travel agent to get answers rather than asking a question online. I'm a bit confused. Seems like every call to the customer service line would require the same research and consume even more overall time until someone definitively answered the question and spreads the word. How many calls to customer service could be avoided and how much time could be saved if someone just answered the question on CC or on the website????

The current standard for communication and marketing departments is to respond as to issues as rapidly as possible. Silence leads to speculation, incorrect guesses and misinformation being put forth, and perpetuates the underlying problem rather than resolving it.

Very well put. A flood is not a minor problem. Companies should put out fires before they become raging flames especially six star lines. Good PR and communication is the key to keeping customers not ignoring them.

No water in their cabin, ceiling taken apart to fix the air con - plus no swimming pool. Hardly minor issues on any ship, let alone a luxury 6 star ship.

I have to agree. If there were that many issues in the cabin, the line should offer to move the guests and if not, possible, they should offer compensation. At a recent stay at the Four Seasons, we had a large suite. While we were out, there was a leak coming from the room above us. When we got back to the room, our things (mostly my husbands things!) were soaked. There was no other suite of that size available for us to move and without even asking us what we needed, they paid for dry cleaning, offered us a credit for drinks and food while they tried to dry out the room on top of crediting us 2 nights for the room. Handled well. We weren't expected "compensation" all we wanted were dry clothes and a dry room.

I have to agree. If there were that many issues in the cabin, the line should offer to move the guests and if not, possible, they should offer compensation. At a recent stay at the Four Seasons, we had a large suite. While we were out, there was a leak coming from the room above us. When we got back to the room, our things (mostly my husbands things!) were soaked. There was no other suite of that size available for us to move and without even asking us what we needed, they paid for dry cleaning, offered us a credit for drinks and food while they tried to dry out the room on top of crediting us 2 nights for the room. Handled well. We weren't expected "compensation" all we wanted were dry clothes and a dry room.

Regent is not a hotel and does not always have the options that places on land do. I'm sure that the Four Seasons hotel could afford to comp. rooms, give credit, etc. They do not have to provide excellent food and service 24/7 as luxury cruise lines do so, as always, I do not see this as a direct comparison.

Regent absolutely will change your suite or will do whatever they can to accommodate their guests (even when it is not their fault). We received a $100 OBC on our last cruise (not asked for or expected) when our private transportation did not arrive in Bali. All that we asked for was reimbursement for our $20 taxi ride (which really didn't matter but it was important to let Regent know that they did not show up). When our luggage was lost for 10 days a couple of years ago (definitely not Regent's fault), we received OBC's in order to buy a couple of things at the Boutique and received overnight laundry during the time that we did not have luggage. I could cite many instances of where Regent goes above and beyond for their guests.

I suppose that long time Regent passengers see this more than people new to Regent. However, expecting compensation for a locked safe or a television that wasn't connected does not, in my opinion, warrant anything. After all, the satellite can cause the television to be off for a day or so and many of us have locked ourselves out of the safe and have had to ask for assistance.

It is interesting that posters that are not on the cruise are more concerned the compensation issue than passengers on the cruise. Even the person that was in the suite that needed to be changed did not ask for compensation.

Regent is not a hotel and does not always have the options that places on land do. I'm sure that the Four Seasons hotel could afford to comp. rooms, give credit, etc. They do not have to provide excellent food and service 24/7 as luxury cruise lines do so, as always, I do not see this as a direct comparison.

Regent absolutely will change your suite or will do whatever they can to accommodate their guests (even when it is not their fault). We received a $100 OBC on our last cruise (not asked for or expected) when our private transportation did not arrive in Bali. All that we asked for was reimbursement for our $20 taxi ride (which really didn't matter but it was important to let Regent know that they did not show up). When our luggage was lost for 10 days a couple of years ago (definitely not Regent's fault), we received OBC's in order to buy a couple of things at the Boutique and received overnight laundry during the time that we did not have luggage. I could cite many instances of where Regent goes above and beyond for their guests.

I suppose that long time Regent passengers see this more than people new to Regent. However, expecting compensation for a locked safe or a television that wasn't connected does not, in my opinion, warrant anything. After all, the satellite can cause the television to be off for a day or so and many of us have locked ourselves out of the safe and have had to ask for assistance.

It is interesting that posters that are not on the cruise are more concerned the compensation issue than passengers on the cruise. Even the person that was in the suite that needed to be changed did not ask for compensation.

Who said anything about asking for compensation?? Things go wrong- it can happen anywhere. I think folks here have been saying that when things go wrong, whether a luxury cruise, hotel, or whatever should rectify the situation and should bend over backwards to negate the issues If that is an OBC (which you apparently seemed to have no problem accepting) or some other gesture to mitigate the negative feelings then they should go out of their way. That is a luxury experience.

"Regent is not a hotel and does not always have the options that places on land do. I'm sure that the Four Seasons hotel could afford to comp. rooms, give credit, etc. They do not have to provide excellent food and service 24/7 as luxury cruise lines do so, as always, I do not see this as a direct comparison. I suppose that long time Regent passengers see this more than people new to Regent. However, expecting compensation for a locked safe or a television that wasn't connected does not, in my opinion, warrant anything. After all, the satellite can cause the television to be off for a day or so and many of us have locked ourselves out of the safe and have had to ask for assistance."

I'm guessing from your statement you've never stayed at a Four Seasons Hotel, of course the Four Seasons provide excellent food and have service 24/7--I'd say better than Regent as it should be since they are land based. Also people aren't really talking about compensation for a safe or TV. What they were talking about was no water, leaking water, ceilings falling---that does deserves compensation of some type. Not a free cruise, but some OBC (and I think Regent does that when needed). It shouldn't make a difference if you cruise only 1 time, 5 time, 25 times or more---your a customer no matter how many times you cruise. To be honest I'm getting a little tried of reading "Regent passengers see this more than people new to Regent". From what I hear from my TA, Regent is pretty happy about my bookings and the cash flow they are getting from me even though I new to Regent. Rick

"Regent is not a hotel and does not always have the options that places on land do. I'm sure that the Four Seasons hotel could afford to comp. rooms, give credit, etc. They do not have to provide excellent food and service 24/7 as luxury cruise lines do so, as always, I do not see this as a direct comparison. I suppose that long time Regent passengers see this more than people new to Regent. However, expecting compensation for a locked safe or a television that wasn't connected does not, in my opinion, warrant anything. After all, the satellite can cause the television to be off for a day or so and many of us have locked ourselves out of the safe and have had to ask for assistance."

I'm guessing from your statement you've never stayed at a Four Seasons Hotel, of course the Four Seasons provide excellent food and have service 24/7--I'd say better than Regent as it should be since they are land based. Also people aren't really talking about compensation for a safe or TV. What they were talking about was no water, leaking water, ceilings falling---that does deserves compensation of some type. Not a free cruise, but some OBC (and I think Regent does that when needed). It shouldn't make a difference if you cruise only 1 time, 5 time, 25 times or more---your a customer no matter how many times you cruise. To be honest I'm getting a little tried of reading "Regent passengers see this more than people new to Regent". From what I hear from my TA, Regent is pretty happy about my bookings and the cash flow they are getting from me even though I new to Regent. Rick

Sometimes I wish that we could talk in person as you seem to misunderstand my posts on a regular basis.

1. We stayed at the Four Seasons Hotel in Sydney for longer than we wanted to (long story). Their customers are not reliant on the hotel for food 24/7. They are not feeding 700 people 24/7 plus snacks, entertainment, excursions, etc.

2. The difference with long time Regent cruisers is that they have witnessed real, serious problems with Regent ships over the years. Thankfully, Regent has not had serious problems for a long time (and I sincerely hope that they don't again). My comment had nothing whatsoever to do with how happy Regent is with bookings from newbies.

3. When the Explorer debuted, the problems you describe could be doubled (leaking ceilings, etc.). Those onboard were upset and some may have received OBC's. They could not be given another suite as the ship was 100% full. I was onboard during the time and even I did not understand the extent of the issues.

One of my points is that it is not the business of those of us that are not on the ship to tell Regent to give them compensation. We are not there - we do not know whether these issues are being overstated or not.

Lessons learned:

1. When the volcano erupted in Iceland a few years ago, a poster was begging for help and stated that Regent offices were closed and there was no one to help them. I wrote a scathing post to Regent which was responded to in a very angry manner by the then CEO of Regent. I was called a liar, etc. because what the poster stated was simply not true. Regent was not only open but top management was working the phones and helping out. I was glad to learn this lesson because we ended up being friends.

2. I guess I didn't learn enough because I believed another poster over an issue on the Explorer that was upsetting and I contacted Jason Montague on their behalf. Going into the whole story does not make sense but let me just say that the wool was pulled over my eyes once again.

I'm not saying that the reports from the Mariner are "false news" but I am saying that we ("we" meaning all of us on Cruise Critic) do not know what is actually going on or the extent to which the problems exist. Perhaps we should sit back and read what is coming from passengers on the Mariner and not pass judgement when we don't know the facts (actually, one fact that we do know is that the pool had issues which is no better or worse than Explorer having the infinity pool shut down for 2 weeks....... no one asked for compensation).

Truly hope that the clarifies where I am coming from.

Edited by Travelcat2

Who said anything about asking for compensation?? Things go wrong- it can happen anywhere. I think folks here have been saying that when things go wrong, whether a luxury cruise, hotel, or whatever should rectify the situation and should bend over backwards to negate the issues If that is an OBC (which you apparently seemed to have no problem accepting) or some other gesture to mitigate the negative feelings then they should go out of their way. That is a luxury experience.

Well said!

Agree 100%