How strict are LOS kids club age ranges?

bhpeters

we'll be traveling with a 15 and 11 yr old, first time taking the kids with us. They won't want to be separated much and we'd rather have the 11yr old with his older brother doing those activities instead of with the much younger kids. Is this going to be possible? Or will they prevent him from participating? Looks like the teen age range starts at age 12.

Thanks!

Agree with Bob, it's hard to tell; will depend on numbers. However, that's a pretty big age difference. They sometimes will allow in the case of a 1-2 year age difference, but your older child would be in the 15-17 group and I don't think that an 11-year-old would be allowed. Older kids usually just "hang out" or perhaps have organized events at the sports court. Hard for a younger child. You can ask, but don't be surprised if the answer is no.

Agree that one age group jump would probably be approved but not two. You definitely wouldn’t want your 11 year old with almost 18 year olds. He’d be bored anyway - they really do just hang out. The 9-11s have fun, organized activities all the time, while the 12-14s have a mix of organized and hang out time. The oldest group has organized activities but once they all make friends, they tend to do their own thing vs the organized activities.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were just on Allure and requested our 11 year old participate in the teen group with her 13 year old sister. We just had to sign a paper because the 12 and ups are free to go as they please but the 11 & under have to be signed out. Otherwise there was no issue.

I wonder if this is a change, as I thought when my DD was in that 9-11 age group we could choose whether she could sign herself in and out instead of having us go sign her in and out- she's now 14.

My experience on the Anthem was that the kids all met up in the club the first night and then never again. They made their own meet up spots and roamed the ship. Usually in the seaplex. My son was 10. He made alot of friends in the seaplex. I barely saw him..lol My girls 14, and 12 same thing. Hope you enjoy your cruise!