Carnival Vista Appointment Time

TNcruising02

Lol, that is definitely weird.

I work at PortMiami and know how the process works, so it is weird that your picture wasn't lifted from your passport's RFID chip or taken with the tablets before boarding the ship, as that's how everyone's is taken.

Maybe because the first cruise we did this was a med cruise?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for posting your experience. I have never heard of them being able to use your picture from a previous cruise. How do you know that's what they did? They typically use the one from your Passport when they scan it.

Confirming that in our case, when they scanned our passports it downloaded those pics, and these were used during the entire cruise. I'm sure they have different options depending on what is /isn't in their database, but it was our first time on CCL since they went to the new system.

Also, if you disembark with a minor child at the ports, make sure a parent is adjacent to the child. The system pops up the parents' pics when the child is scanned off the ship , and they look for a parent to be present. Wasn't really a big deal in our case, as I just had an aunt in between myself and my child, but it may be something larger or extended families may want to keep in mind.