Carnival Vista Appointment Time

TNcruising02

My husband and I boarded the Vista today. For those who may be interested in the boarding process, here is a summary.

We took our hotel's shuttle to the port. Our appointment time was 11:30 am to 12:00. When we got to the port, we saw there was a priority line to the left for priority and FTTF people. To the right, there were two lines. One line was for people who arrived during their appointment time and the other was for people who arrived either before or after their appointment time.

We approached the line at 12:05, five minutes after our appointment ending time, and were told to go into the line for people who were late. Neither line was crowded, but they are definitely strict on appointment times.

As we went through the line we were given a form with our boarding group number. We then entered the building and someone checked our passports and boarding passes. We went through security and then to a waiting area. We were on the ship at 12:35, so the entire process took 30 minutes. Since we did not need pictures taken because we have previously cruised on Carnival, we did not need to go to the port area guest services.

Our room keys were in the mail slot outside of our cabin door. We pre-purchased the soda package, so we went to guest services today and got stickers for our cards.

Our room was ready at 1:30 and our luggage arrived at our room at 1:45. Our muster station was A5, so we went to the Liquid Lounge.

Thanks for that, we are sailing on the Vista later this month for the first time.

My husband and I boarded the Vista today. For those who may be interested in the boarding process, here is a summary.

We took our hotel's shuttle to the port. Our appointment time was 11:30 am to 12:00. When we got to the port, we saw there was a priority line to the left for priority and FTTF people. To the right, there were two lines. One line was for people who arrived during their appointment time and the other was for people who arrived either before or after their appointment time.

We approached the line at 12:05, five minutes after our appointment ending time, and were told to go into the line for people who were late. Neither line was crowded, but they are definitely strict on appointment times.

As we went through the line we were given a form with our boarding group number. We then entered the building and someone checked our passports and boarding passes. We went through security and then to a waiting area. We were on the ship at 12:35, so the entire process took 30 minutes. Since we did not need pictures taken because we have previously cruised on Carnival, we did not need to go to the port area guest services.

Our room keys were in the mail slot outside of our cabin door. We pre-purchased the soda package, so we went to guest services today and got stickers for our cards.

Our room was ready at 1:30 and our luggage arrived at our room at 1:45. Our muster station was A5, so we went to the Liquid Lounge.

Thanks for posting your experience. I have never heard of them being able to use your picture from a previous cruise. How do you know that's what they did? They typically use the one from your Passport when they scan it.

It is true, my pic is not my passport but a previous sailing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well how do you request that? It would have been nice if they could have done that last time when I checked in with my Passport Card. Since I didn’t give them my Passport, they had to take my pic with the iPad when they scanned my boarding pass getting on the ship. If my picture was already in the system why couldn’t/didn’t they just use that?

I’ve had to get it either taken or used from my Passport each time. Never was it from a previous cruise.

Well how do you request that? It would have been nice if they could have done that last time when I checked in with my Passport Card. Since I didn’t give them my Passport, they had to take my pic with the iPad when they scanned my boarding pass getting on the ship. If my picture was already in the system why couldn’t/didn’t they just use that?

I’ve had to get it either taken or used from my Passport each time. Never was it from a previous cruise.

Do not have a clue. I think it had something to do with timing. I think the first time I saw it was the message cruise on the Vista last year, but to be honest, after a while they run together after a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do not have a clue. I think it had something to do with timing. I think the first time I saw it was the message cruise on the Vista last year, but to be honest, after a while they run together after a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Weird. I went in August and then October. I would think that would be close enough. I’ll have to ask next time.

Do they not have the muster stations out on the deck any more where you have to stand & wait for everyone to show up?

Glad to hear you had easy time boarding!

Only the older ships still do muster outside , The Dream ,The Magic ,The Breeze ,and The Vista are all done inside ,sitting down ,,,in The theater ,MDR's and Clubs , depending on where your room is ,as to where you will go to muster

Thanks for posting your experience. I have never heard of them being able to use your picture from a previous cruise. How do you know that's what they did? They typically use the one from your Passport when they scan it.

That was just a guess. It looks like I guessed incorrectly. LOL. Thanks. Your explanation makes a lot more sense.

That was just a guess. It looks like I guessed incorrectly. LOL. Thanks. Your explanation makes a lot more sense.

Well jimbo says they can use your pic from a previous cruise but I am curious as to what the criteria is for that. I have always had to have it taken or used from my Passport even when cruising 2 months apart.

Well jimbo says they can use your pic from a previous cruise but I am curious as to what the criteria is for that. I have always had to have it taken or used from my Passport even when cruising 2 months apart.

I just assumed that's what they did since I cruised on Carnival last February. If I have to go to customer service this trip, I will ask them.

BTW, the cruise director we have this week is one of the best I've ever had. He is full of energy, funny, and entertaining. A good cruise director really makes a difference and this one is great.

I just assumed that's what they did since I cruised on Carnival last February. If I have to go to customer service this trip, I will ask them.

BTW, the cruise director we have this week is one of the best I've ever had. He is full of energy, funny, and entertaining. A good cruise director really makes a difference and this one is great.

I’m not sure if they will know since it’s the people at the port that would be able to select that option if it is one. But it couldn’t hurt to ask.

Do you have Matt Mitchum? I love him!! Had him twice on the Glory when Eversen (The Rev Dr E) was assistant CD. The two of them were hysterical.

They always take your picture, put the drink down.:p

FYI... MItch came off vacation the week of our cruise (Thanksgiving)... So he is onboard as CD currently. For those with Cheers or Bubbles....No worries if your sticker isn't on your card. They have to swipe your card for every beverage ...so the receipt shows .00 anyway. Our Cheers sticker mysteriously was added on by a bartender on day 2 I think

I’m not sure if they will know since it’s the people at the port that would be able to select that option if it is one. But it couldn’t hurt to ask.

Do you have Matt Mitchum? I love him!! Had him twice on the Glory when Eversen (The Rev Dr E) was assistant CD. The two of them were hysterical.

Oh yes, Matt is hilarious. It's like getting a cruise director and comedian all in one.

When passengers arrive in the terminal's lobby they are greeted and have their documents verified with their boarding pass. The agents now have a mobile device with an RFID reader, which they place on the open passport to scan and lift your passport picture.

If the passenger is not traveling with a passport, and is traveling with a Birth Certificate and ID, Passport Card, or Enhanced Driver's License, then the agent will use that mobile device to take their photo.

Contrary to what has been said, Carnival does NOT save your security picture from past cruises! They use your passport picture, and if you have physically changed significantly from that picture they will retake it with the new tablets before you board the ship.

When passengers arrive in the terminal's lobby they are greeted and have their documents verified with their boarding pass. The agents now have a mobile device with an RFID reader, which they place on the open passport to scan and lift your passport picture.

If the passenger is not traveling with a passport, and is traveling with a Birth Certificate and ID, Passport Card, or Enhanced Driver's License, then the agent will use that mobile device to take their photo.

Contrary to what has been said, Carnival does NOT save your security picture from past cruises! They use your passport picture, and if you have physically changed significantly from that picture they will retake it with the new tablets before you board the ship.

All I can tell you is what I experienced. It was not from my passport or from that cruise. All of the cruises in the timeframe I mentioned the reps had iPads to read sign and sail. Again, just so I am clear, it was NOT my passport picture or what I was wearing for that cruise. Unless they track on social network pictures...it must have come from a different cruise.

All I can tell you is what I experienced. It was not from my passport or from that cruise. All of the cruises in the timeframe I mentioned the reps had iPads to read sign and sail. Again, just so I am clear, it was NOT my passport picture or what I was wearing for that cruise. Unless they track on social network pictures...it must have come from a different cruise.

Lol, that is definitely weird.

I work at PortMiami and know how the process works, so it is weird that your picture wasn't lifted from your passport's RFID chip or taken with the tablets before boarding the ship, as that's how everyone's is taken.