Room darkening curtains?

joanna111

I am looking at a cruise to Norway and the North Cape on the Prinsendam in June. DH is concerned about the midnight sun and whether or not the curtains will make the room dark. He's pretty picky about not having any light at all when he sleeps. We're in an OV right now and I'd hate to move to an inside since it wouldn't even save any money because of the current promotion. Anybody have experience of how dark the curtains make the room?

The drapes do not absolutely darken the cabin. Take some clips with you to close the curtain properly to not let any direct light in. I do not mind sleeping in a not completely dark cabin, but on this voyage eye shades were needed.

Enjoy the voyage, it is a very neat itinerary.

We have done two longer Prinsendam cruises that crossed the Arctic Circle. Our curtains did keep the cabin relatively dark, but not perfectly dark. One easy solution is to simply book an inside cabin :D I do have to smile when I think of those cruises and those who will tell you that they want to see the midnight sun. On the Prinsendam, DW and I used to close the Crow's Nest and sometimes would even sit up there long after closing. When we did get to the land of the midnight sun, we were alone in the Crow's Nest as nearly all the other passengers were in bed by 10 :). Some of our cruise mates would actually ask us "what happens to the sun when it gets near the horizon" and we would usually suggest they join us in the Crow's Nest to find out the answer.

Hank