TRIP JOURNAL: Nicole721 Get[s]away to the Baltics

Nicole721

Thank you for the fantastic review. We are on the Breakaway for the Baltic cruise at the end of August, and are very excited. Quick question - I may have missed it, but upon debarking the Getaway, did you take a cab back to the airport? If so, was it easy to catch one at the port?

Thanks again!

We got off early and there were cabs waiting for the passengers. As a matter of fact, we took one of the larger mini-van taxis.

NCL was asking $30 per person and by taking the larger taxi, we saved some cash.

We got off early and there were cabs waiting for the passengers. As a matter of fact, we took one of the larger mini-van taxis.

NCL was asking $30 per person and by taking the larger taxi, we saved some cash.

Thanks so much for the answer. We are 4 adults traveling with 4 large luggages, so grabbing a mini-van works for us. And saving $$ works even more!

Thank you for a wonderful review. One of the best-written reviews I’ve read and I’ve been reading a lot of them lately. And your pictures were amazing. Hoping to find more of your reviews, but not until tomorrow LOL. I’ve been reading for four hours already and I have to work tomorrow. Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey Nicole. I started reading your review on this thread, then couldn't wait for the installments so went to your website to finish it up. Then I went to the beginning and started reading all of your trip reports, and am currently on your second trip to Europe. Thoroughly enjoyable. You, Stephanie and Mom feel like family after spending so much time with you. :D

Ahh! That makes me so happy :) So glad you've enjoyed them!

You are correct, Nicole, the Mediterranean cruise is just as exhausting as the Baltic cruise. You'll love it just as much. The crowds will be just as intense and the sights, just as wonderful! We did Pompeii, the Vatican, etc. and it was just amazing!

I'm sure you & the family will love your next cruise! Have FUN!

Thank you!!! :D

Really enjoyed your review! I just booked the Getaway Baltics cruise for Aug 2019!

August will be a wonderful time of year for the Baltics! I hope your cruise is as memorable as ours was! :)

Your photos are, well, what can I say.......AWESOME! Thanks for posting so many pictures. Looks like you had great times. I really enjoyed reading your review.

Thank you so much!

Great review! I booked this for next summer for myself and children (will be 12 & 16). Our first trip to Europe so I'm anxious to read as much as I can on what to expect. Also, I love that you and your sister do a cruise every year with your mother, even now that you're adults. I hope I can do the same with my kids.

We travel more together now than we did when Stephanie and I were younger and we all lived in the same house! I've done all kinds of trips with my friends, but it's always a little more fun to do cruises with my fam ;)

Fantastic review and pictures, I was mesmerized.

I am going on this cruise in August on the Breakaway with my son and daughter.

Have bookmarked to go back for some of your great tips.

Thank You

Thanks for reading along!

Thanks so much for taking the time to do this review! I have been following along in spurts as work becomes too tedious.

Great photos!

I feel you on that one -- I have a countdown to my next one sitting on my desk :) Glad it's helped you get through your work day!

Nicole, thanks for the review! I was so interested for two reasons: 1) we are on the Getaway in May for a family cruise. First time in NCL. 2) we are doing the Baltic in Sept on Princess. I have one quick question, if you happen to know the answer. Do you happen to remember if the HOHO bus in Tallin was handicap accessible? Did it have a fold down ramp? I understand if you don’t know. I probably would not have noticed those types of things before it became important to me as my husband now travels on a small electric scooter.

Thanks for reading along! Re: the Tallinn HOHO, I *think* it was accessible but I don't remember for sure :/ CitySightseeing has a form to submit questions on their site and they might be able to confirm one way or another for sure!

Thank you for the fantastic review. We are on the Breakaway for the Baltic cruise at the end of August, and are very excited. Quick question - I may have missed it, but upon debarking the Getaway, did you take a cab back to the airport? If so, was it easy to catch one at the port?

Thanks again!

We booked a transfer through NCL because we'd heard that taxi's were difficult to catch at the port and when we came in, we didn't notice many (or any -- families were fighting to hop into our taxi before we even got out of it!).

We actually had the opposite experience -- taxi's at the port were few and far between when we disembarked. Definitely the first time we experienced that (even in European ports)!

Thank you for a wonderful review. One of the best-written reviews I’ve read and I’ve been reading a lot of them lately. And your pictures were amazing. Hoping to find more of your reviews, but not until tomorrow LOL. I’ve been reading for four hours already and I have to work tomorrow. Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you so much! I've been wrapping up a review of a Cuba cruise I took with a friend in the fall, and I'm *hoping* to get a review up of a Carnival Journey's cruise we took for Christmas before we head off to Barcelona in three weeks :)

Thank you so much! I've been wrapping up a review of a Cuba cruise I took with a friend in the fall, and I'm *hoping* to get a review up of a Carnival Journey's cruise we took for Christmas before we head off to Barcelona in three weeks :)

Cuba is on my bucket list, where can I find your review?

I found it and subscribed to your blog :)

Edited by njkate
Update

Wow, Nicole! You do cruise often and on different cruise lines! Awesome! :)
Yes, this thread is making me think it's time for a new life goal! I've never really thought much of cruising before.....but now I want to do this every year with my kids. Even when they are older.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yes, this thread is making me think it's time for a new life goal! I've never really thought much of cruising before.....but now I want to do this every year with my kids. Even when they are older."

Yes, you can cruise, at least once a year, with the family. I started cruising with my daughters & their kids, when the youngest grandchild was eight. Last summer, we did the Baltic cruise and my grand daughter was 16. We also did the Mediterranean Cruise, when she was about 12.

Cuba is on my bucket list, where can I find your review?

I found it and subscribed to your blog :)

Wooo! Glad you found it! :) If anyone else is interested, the link is in my sig, and I just cross-posted it to the CCL boards here (but am a few posts behind!).

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. After reading your review, I am now seriously considering this Baltic cruise in the future.

The Baltics is such an underrated itinerary. It wasn't even on our travel musts lists until we did it, and now we all want to do it again!

Thanks so much for such a great review! The pictures are awesome and your insights are so thoughtful. Definitely this was a great "trip" while not being able to be there in person. Happy travels!

Thank you!! :D

Thanks so much for sharing! I love longer cruise and hope to get overseas someday. Now that you've tried NCL, are you looking at a future ship in the line?

For sure. We can't say enough good things about our cruise on the Getaway. I'm *hoping* we can get back on NCL for the holidays or next spring. I'm eyeing a Morocco + Canary Islands itinerary, and Stephanie and my Mom want to do a British Isles cruise so...we'll see who wins ;)

We want to try all of them! :)

Hi Nicole, I did this at the beginning and cruised on different lines. I realized I didn't belong to any loyalty clubs, with their nice perks. I had bits & pieces on a few cruise lines and I'm trying with NCL to get to Gold lvl. If you cruise enough, you can get to Diamond LVL with nice perks. Some line's loyalty club allows priority check in and give you wine, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

<3

there’s music and plenty of fun spaces to sit and enjoy your food at, both indoors and out. Lounge chairs line the waterfront outside so you can enjoy your food and a beer al fresco, right on the water, with the most beautiful of scenery in front of you.

dsc_8056_zpsxzskywe3.jpg

dsc_8057_zpsfdfn0ydt.jpg

next to the market is one of my favorite exhibits in copenhagen, the wish tree garden. Started by yoko ono in 2016 (and running through the end of 2017), a group of trees sits next to the market, with paper slips to write your greatest wish on and strings to tie them to the trees. When the trees are full, the wishes are sent to iceland, to be buried at the base of the imagine peace tower (where, to date, over a million wishes have been buried).

dsc_8023_zpsr8gzzpsy.jpg

we poured through each tree, looking at the wishes others had brought with them. Some of them were hilarious. Most of them were for love. Others were poetic and thought provoking. We didn’t leave a wish, ourselves. I wish i had, but there’s always a next time. At least, i like to think there is.

dsc_8018_zpsjkgugwfg.jpg

dsc_8024_zps4soqqtmj.jpg

❤️

• 2 weeks later...

Nicole, oh my!!! I cannot wait to read all about this trip as I am doing the same (on the Breakaway instead of Getaway) with my family of 5. (Husband and 3 kids - ages 21, 18 and 16) Full disclosure; I work for Norwegian Cruise Line as their Field sales rep in NY. But pretty much paid full fare for this cruise so I'm just one of the "regulars" which is how I like it anyway! With the exception of a layover in Berlin in my 20's (and I don't remember much except consuming mass quantities of alcohol from Stringfellows in London the night before!) this is an epic trip for my family as my son graduates college next year, my daughter, high school, so who knows when the next family trip will be? So thank you for this post which I will read when I have some down time to take plenty of notes of! Thanks again!

Lori Innamorata