about to book Best Western Plus Oceanside Inn - any reason why I shouldn't?

familymum

I stayed there 1 night pre cruise January 2017 and will be staying this Sunday for 5 nights pre cruise.

They serve a good breakfast, has a bar that you can order food from, also has washer/dryer onsite.

The ocean is only a few minute walk from the hotel.

The sun trolley stop is outside the hotel. The water taxi is within walking distance.

• 4 weeks later...

I took a taxi from airport to hotel about $25 with a tip and Uber was about the same price from hotel to pier 29.

I stayed there 2 nights in January 2017, 5 nights in January 2018 and have booked for January 2019.

Ocean close by, good hot breakfast (different hot items each day - sausages, scrambled eggs, biscuits/gravy, make your own waffle, cereal, yogurt, bread, juice, coffee, tea), washer/dryer, bar, food menu from bar, bikes for rent, gym, sun trolley and city bus stops outside of hotel, water taxi within walking distance,

We stayed there last year. Would stay again. Stayed in the tower part and had a great view of the water. They have a skywalk to the beach. We found a french bakery we had breakfast at as we like to walk. restaurants all over but if you get a chance try Coconuts! That to is walking distance:)

We stayed there last year. Would stay again. Stayed in the tower part and had a great view of the water. They have a skywalk to the beach. We found a french bakery we had breakfast at as we like to walk. restaurants all over but if you get a chance try Coconuts! That to is walking distance:)

I think you are thinking of the hotel B Ocean (?) beside the Best Western Oceanside. The B Ocean has rooms across the road with a skywalk over to their main building and rooms facing the ocean. The Bahia Mar also has a skywalk to the beach from their hotel across from the beach.

The BW Oceanside Inn was where I stayed for my very first trip to Florida, probably in 1985. I traveled solo and had a great time- it was in a good location right off the beach with tons of restaurants and shopping nearby. Went back years later with a girlfriend, stayed there again and also had a wonderful time. It's still there over 30 years later- would love to visit again and check it out!