Clocks in Equinox Staterooms

Beachlover1989

Correct. TV and phone. I bring a small digital travel clock since you can't always rely on your cell at sea.

Why would you not rely on your cell at sea? You can take it off automatic and set the time manually, just as you would a travel clock.

Why would you not rely on your cell at sea? You can take it off automatic and set the time manually, just as you would a travel clock.

Call me old fashioned (and I'm not that old) but I like to be able to just look at a clock whenever I want to, especially if I wake up in the middle of the night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I use my iPad (plugged in) set up with a clock app that is always on and can be dimmed for nighttime. I agree with Beachlover1989 that I want to be able to glance over and see the time anytime.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We do the same.

Guess I am just "Old School"-- whether traveling for business or vacation, I always put my travel clock in my bag. It is probably 2/3 the size of an iPhone, weighs less and I know that it will work as an alarm if I need one. That way, I will not have to figure out how to set (and take a chance on reliability) of a clock I am not familiar with.

It runs on one AA battery which I change once a year, the same time I change all smoke detectors, CO2 alarms and thermostats in the house. Real simple and reliable!

I don't rely on my cell phone either because when I am on vacation, I do not want to be bothered with it. If something important happens and I need to be contacted, the important folks know how to reach me.

Edited by JEDMELK
addition

That is awesome to know! I always travel with my iPad so I just need to get that app! Thank you!!!

The one I use is called “The clocks: World clock, alarm clock”. It is free. I like it because it is ‘old school’ analog.

Cheers!

Call me old fashioned (and I'm not that old) but I like to be able to just look at a clock whenever I want to, especially if I wake up in the middle of the night.

My watch is luminous, so that's not an issue for me. I also use an iPad clock, but generally away from the bed as a cabin night light, not as a time piece.