Need opinions from people who have cruised both Carnival and other cruise lines.

lucy2mb

I usually book at least a year in advance. We are looking for different itinerary if possible. If not, we need a new cruise line. Will definitely look for best rates. From the Info I have gotten, looks like it will be CCL or NCL. Thanks!!!

I know it's a tough decision.:eek: Especially when there's an 'unknown quality' involved. My wife and I have done 15 cruises ( 12 CCL, 3 RCL) and have loved them all, each line for different reasons. We haven't had a chance to try NCL yet. Since we're both in our mid-sixties I'm not sure how many more we'll be able to take but I'm hopeful we'll be onboard as long as possible, and we can hear THAT wonderful 'UNDERWAY' horn boom! And feel the movement as we watch that water rush by. :D I guess there's NO better saying than, 'Even the worst cruise is BETTER than a day at work'. So, do your research on cost, included benefits, such as OBC and ports on as many cruise lines and choose the one that wins. Like I always says, 'Regardless, it's STILL a cruise ! In the end, (IMHO) that is ALL that matters!!'. Which line or whatever you choose, have a WONDERFUL cruise!!

Mac

I've sailed on Carnival, RCL, NCL, and Disney. If I were looking for something other than Carnival, I would choose RCL. With NCL, we always had to make reservations for shows. I hated that. Also, their game shows in the center of the ship were very crowded. It's not much fun standing to see a show. I really enjoyed my cruise on Liberty of the Seas. The shows were very good, the food was good, and I liked the layout of the ship.

We are Platinum on Carnival and have enjoyed all our 14 plus cruises on Carnival. Our cruise last week did not have good service and the food was not as good as past cruises. We can afford 2 balcony rooms for our family of six on Carnival but are interested in a change. Has anyone found rates on any other cruise line to be close to the Carnival rates? Also, how do the ships compare to the ones on Carnival. We are not looking for anything fancy, just pretty and nice. I personally don't like having to dress up a lot on vacation and I know Carnival is more casual than most cruise lines. We will stay with Carnival if all the other lines will cost a lot more.

My wife and I have done nine cruises on Carnival and have switched to NCL. We love their big ships. The entertainment is fantastic. They have a small room called Headliners that alternates between comedians and Dueling Pianos, it’s fantastic. The only thing I miss from Carnival is the Guy’s Burger Bar

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I thought NCL's food was great...just on par with Royal and Carnival. Celebrity has the best cruise food I have tried though.As for reserving shows and things that only happens on big ships for both NCL and RCL. If you hate that go smaller.

My friend is a die hard Carnival fan btw and hated MSC as the food and atmosphere left a lot to be desired. I would personally still give them a go though.

I appreciate everyone's advice. I am definitely checking out Royal Caribbean. I am going to do some mock bookings and check out rates. Not sure if I would like the size of Allure of the Seas or Oasis. They may be a little too large but I will check out the itineraries of those and others. Any cruise is going to be nice for me since I won't have to do any cooking or cleaning all week. Thanks again everyone!!!