Windstar Alaska

Nonni02

I was on the Star Legend cruise that disembarked in Vancouver on July

I was on the Star Legend cruise that disembarked in Vancouver on July 24th. First of all, this itinerary did not even go to Seward so I am not sure you are even talking about the same cruise. It was Vancouver round-trip. I totally and emphatically disagree with your assessment of the ship and the staff and the excursions. I found nothing to be tired or worn, and the staff was incredibly attentive whether on board or on excursions. I noticed no skimping on drinks. I felt no vibrations in the operation of the ship. It is truly like you were on a different ship and a different itinerary. This was our 8th Windstar cruise and our 3rd on the Star Legend. It was the best we have experienced in all ways and we have booked the Alaska Splendors cruise for next summer.

I think it is suspicious writing getting off a WS cruise on 7/24 now changing to 8/18 which was a few days ago. I have been on 23 cruises with WS cruising since 1999 and have been on all the sailing yacgts and one motor yacht. I have never experience anything but fabulous service, excellent food ( subjective I know), I have never found the ships to be in disrepair, I have always found the ship to be immaculately clean, excursions and on the ship safety has always been first and foremost, always, I never felt that WS was short changing on drinks and I have felt felt the prices fair. Once I felt I was being “up sold “ in the spa, I informed them and from now on I politeltly tell the spa I am not interested in products I simply want a lovely service, never a problem since. I agree with RidetheTide the description

from KhukuRedRaider simply does not fit with the WS I know. Happy Sailing

I think it is suspicious writing getting off a WS cruise on 7/24 now changing to 8/18 which was a few days ago. I have been on 23 cruises with WS cruising since 1999 and have been on all the sailing yacgts and one motor yacht. I have never experience anything but fabulous service, excellent food ( subjective I know), I have never found the ships to be in disrepair, I have always found the ship to be immaculately clean, excursions and on the ship safety has always been first and foremost, always, I never felt that WS was short changing on drinks and I have felt felt the prices fair. Once I felt I was being “up sold “ in the spa, I informed them and from now on I politeltly tell the spa I am not interested in products I simply want a lovely service, never a problem since. I agree with RidetheTide the description

from KhukuRedRaider simply does not fit with the WS I know. Happy Sailing

I agree, Strenz, that this is very suspicious indeed. How can something forget that they disembarked one week ago and think it was 4 1/2 weeks ago? I'm still unpacking a week after I get home! Nothing posted by KhukuRedRaider rang true for the Star Legend in Alaska nor any other Windstar cruise I have been on. It is probably just as well that this will be their last Windstar cruise.

I also tend to disregard posts by a poster who joins cruise critic the day they post a negative comment. Not that many aren’t legitimate but I give more credibility to someone who has used cruise critic before and has a history of both positive and negative comments.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I also tend to disregard posts by a poster who joins cruise critic the day they post a negative comment. Not that many aren’t legitimate but I give more credibility to someone who has used cruise critic before and has a history of both positive and negative comments.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The Alaska cruise that we did on the Star Legend in June was one of the best we have ever done. I agree that the "one and done" posters are not to be taken very seriously but nonetheless, they can cause unfair damage to a company. It is one of the dangers of social media when someone with a grudge can access a forum that uses assumed names. I much prefer forums that have membership that is not hidden. Keeps people a lot more honest.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app