What’s the earliest you’ve ever stepped foot on a RCI cruise?

A question to the group from a "newbie". Any/all answers appreciated. My wife and friends are booked in a Grand Suite on Adventure in Sept for a New England/Canada cruise out of NJ to Quebec. Is there some type of priority boarding or separate check-in lines for initially embarking GS passengers? Do guests carry their own luggage to their room or is it somehow delivered to them after boarding by ship staff? When arriving in various ports during the cruise are there separate/expedited lines for getting on/off the ship and into town for Suite passengers? How about on final disembarkation day? Are there expedited lines for "checking out" and debarking GS guests. Thanks for any/all info.

Guests drop off luggage with porters outside the cruise terminal and that luggage is delivered directly to staterooms a few hours later.

The cruise terminal has priority lines for suite guests during initial embarkation.

Thanks, Bob. How about on disembarkation day? Does the reverse happen, as well? Are the bags taken off the ship for them and waiting on land for them? Regards.

Yes, you put the bags outside your stateroom by 11pm on the last night of the cruise (making sure to keep clothes for the next day)m and you collect them in the cruise terminal right after you get off the ship.

I’m glad to hear your experience as a gold member. I’m gold ( go on lots of trips, just got away from cruising for awhile) and I was concerned about being made to sit and wait if I got there early instead of being able to board.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I boarded easily because we were early. Can’t speak to a later arrival. The gold line sadly doesn’t get you too far ahead of the game

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Cabins are typically ready by 1:00. We have found this time to be pretty standard. They usually open with a few minutes of that time.

There have been times when we have had our luggage waiting for us at 1:00 when the cabins open. There also have been times when our last piece did not arrive until around 8:00.

Exactly the same for us, although latest we ever got our final bag was 7:00. It's always stressful for me if part of our luggage arrives early. Then I wonder (even though we've never had a problem!), "Did they misplace the rest??" Last August, we sailed the Allure and had 3 bags (yes, we're inefficient packers). One was waiting by our cabin at 2pm when we arrived there. The other two were about 8 cabins down the hallway in front of another door. Glad I had bright, tacky name tags on them! They popped right out...otherwise, I might have waiting for HOURS.

Exactly the same for us, although latest we ever got our final bag was 7:00. It's always stressful for me if part of our luggage arrives early. Then I wonder (even though we've never had a problem!), "Did they misplace the rest??" Last August, we sailed the Allure and had 3 bags (yes, we're inefficient packers). One was waiting by our cabin at 2pm when we arrived there. The other two were about 8 cabins down the hallway in front of another door. Glad I had bright, tacky name tags on them! They popped right out...otherwise, I might have waiting for HOURS.

It's funny how often our bags make it close, but not quite to, our staterooms!