The Breeze Review, a Jan 14th Sailing.

notyours75

GREAT review thank you!! It has been way too long since our first cruise on the Breeze (our #1 fave ship) and I was really pleased to read that our next cruise in May should be as great as the first one. I so agree about the decor, Breeze is really a cozy-beautiful ship, and was pleased as well to know that you had such an easy embarkation at Galveston. I think we will use the same parking that you did and we MUST remember to unload our bags first before we park. And on that I really appreciate all of those small details that you squeezed into your review! Glad that you enjoyed your cruise so much and hope that we and our fellow cruisers will have the same great experience that you did!

Great review! We were on the Breeze as well and the lady who fell ill was in the stateroom across the hall from us; pretty sure it wasn't just a broken leg from what we saw (heard it was an aneurysm).
From what I heard there were 2; the fatal aneurysm (older lady traveling with her daughter) and then a compound fracture.

Great review, very similar to my thoughts as I was on that cruise as well.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Fantastic review. A few questions....

1) Do you by any chance have photos of the dinner menus from the main dinning room?

2) Do you remember which nights were dressy nights?

Thanks!

No we did not take a lot of pictures but it was the standard American Table Menu.

Monday night and Thursday night on our trip were the elegant nights. Surprised at the number of people who dressed up.

From what I heard there were 2; the fatal aneurysm (older lady traveling with her daughter) and then a compound fracture.

Great review, very similar to my thoughts as I was on that cruise as well.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That is consistent with my conversation with the nurse, what the staff in Circle 2 told the kids (broken leg) and the general scuttlebutt around the ship and on our FB group afterwards.

Thanks for your excellent and insightful review.

Your description of the desserts had me drooling.

You know I completely forgot to mention the return of the Baked Alaska. On the last night they paraded the flaming Baked Alaska's around the dining room, sang the Leaving on the Fun Ship then cut them up and served them. I had read when they announced it was returning that for safety reason they would not be setting them on fire so I was surprised when they did. I asked our head waiter Rafael about it afterwards. He said at first they didn't flame them but after a few weeks the orders came to down to light them up so they do. It was a nice show as always.

• 1 month later...

Great review. I have cruised 5 times on Royal Caribbean. Just booked a Feb 2020 cruise on Breeze for our first on Carnival. How does the SPA thermal suite and pool and showers work? I assume I will need to get my wife a pass. Nothing is available this far out in front of my cruise. How early should I start looking and are they likely to sell out? Same for the early boarding program. I don't see anywhere to buy them yet. Pretty happy with the price as compared to Royal.

Great review. I have cruised 5 times on Royal Caribbean. Just booked a Feb 2020 cruise on Breeze for our first on Carnival. How does the SPA thermal suite and pool and showers work? I assume I will need to get my wife a pass. Nothing is available this far out in front of my cruise. How early should I start looking and are they likely to sell out? Same for the early boarding program. I don't see anywhere to buy them yet. Pretty happy with the price as compared to Royal.

I’m booked on the Breeze for March 2019, and nothing is available for booking yet. I suspect once I get past the one year mark, things will show up.

Couldn’t agree more about Schwartz! We sailed with him on the Vista in November, and just got off the Breeze on Sunday. He is the BEST cruise director!!!! We’re booked on the Horizan next year, and I really hope he’s there, but I doubt it. Glad you had a great cruise!

Are the floors in the buffet area still real slippery? When we cruised on her a few years ago you had to walk very carefully. Supposedly the type of tile they used became slippery in the tropical climate. Just curious if they were able to fix it?

We were on the Jan. 14th sailing as well and the floors are still very slick. We had to really watch our step and even then we both slipped several times...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...