Bella? drinks query

Suzieanna

Hi folks

I am looking at booking but I don't understand the different packages and levels

if I went for a Bella room, do I get to pick which Bella room I want? Are there Bella floors?

There is a free All inclusive Drinks package included in the deal. Do you suppose this would be restricted to type of drink - or is it a voucher system

Sorry if these questions have been answered already. I have tried to search and not really found what I need to know

Thanks in advance to anyone that can offer some clarity

MSC Prezosia I am looking at - there doesn't seem to be much written about it?

Hi, @Suzieanna. We're booked on the MSC Seaside this October, and when I was researching, it looks as though the choice of rooms for the Bella experience is more limited than, for instance, the Fantastica. I'm not aware of the All-Inclusive beverage package being offered for free, or rather built into your cruise price. MSC does have a mealtime drinks package, but you may be speaking about the one that gives you free wine, beer, cocktails, etc. In any case, such packages are typically loaded onto your cruise card that you carry with you at all times. To further complicate things, MSC also offers a 12-voucher beverage deal that involves carrying paper vouchers with you. That is a perk associated with the Fantastica experience. Hope all of that helps! :)

Hi Suzieanna

The UK offer of free all inclusive drinks is usually with Fantastica cabins

If the all inclusive package applies to your booking it will be the standard all inclusive which includes a selection of spirits (brands such as Smirnoff and Gordon's for example) house wine by the glass and Heineken beer on draft. The usual cost of this package is about £20 per day

Tim

Hi Suzieanna, are you sure it is all inclusive drinks and not mealtime drinks? The current promotion on MSC's website is $50 OBC, wifi and meal time drinks with a balcony cabin. We booked this in a Fantastica cabin and it looks to be the same. I just copied this from the website.

Balcony Staterooms: $50 shipboard credit per stateroom + WiFi + mealtime drink package

That includes wine, beer, water and soft drinks at the posted lunch and dinner times in the main dining rooms and buffets. Fantastica cabins also get the 12 drink vouchers pp (good any time and most anywhere) as mentioned previously. If you are Bella you can still choose your Bella cabins, they are usually the ones the cruise ship deems less desirable - but you still have a balcony for a good price. You do not have room service (at all or maybe for a charge you do, not exactly sure on that). If your cruise is fully booked you may be eating dinner in the Marketplace restaurant that is converted to a 3rd dining room at dinner time, but you will have the same food and your same table/wait staff like everyone else.

If you do have All Inclusive beverages thrown in, perhaps that is a perk from an outside travel agent? As long as you like the price and know what you are getting for your money then go for it. I think some people who are disappointed with Bella did not check it out thoroughly and then it seems a nasty surprise to be eating in the converted buffet or not being satisfied with their cabin. A lot of comments on these boards/reviews about feeling like they are in steerage or treated like 3rd class citizens.

Hope you find the answers you are looking for and you book something that suits you perfectly so you enjoy your experience.

Have a look at the deck plans which are colour coded according to cabin category. You can then see where the Bella cabins are situated (scroll down for deck plans)

http://www.mscpressarea.com/media/corporate-informationitems/attachments/msc-preziosa-technical-sheet.pdf

You do get to choose your cabin from whatever stock is available at the time.

Here's how MSC describes what's included in the drinks package:

Unlimited spirits (Premium brands are excluded), liqueurs, aperitifs, wide selection of cocktails, wines by the glass (our selection of white, red and rosé wine), beer, sodas, fruit juices, mineral water, espresso, cappuccino and other classic hot drinks, and takeaway ice cream in a cone or cup. The drinks included in the package can be consumed in all bars, self-service buffet and restaurants, including the speciality restaurants.

The following items are not included in this offer: tobacco, champagne, bottles of wine and sparkling wine, premium spirit brands, drinks from the minibar and water provided in your stateroom, souvenir glasses and food served in specialty bars and restaurants. Other excluded items are detailed in the onboard Bar List, indicated with an asterisk.

Hi Suzieanna, are you sure it is all inclusive drinks and not mealtime drinks? The current promotion on MSC's website is $50 OBC, wifi and meal time drinks with a balcony cabin. We booked this in a Fantastica cabin and it looks to be the same. I just copied this from the website.

Balcony Staterooms: $50 shipboard credit per stateroom + WiFi + mealtime drink package

That includes wine, beer, water and soft drinks at the posted lunch and dinner times in the main dining rooms and buffets. Fantastica cabins also get the 12 drink vouchers pp (good any time and most anywhere) as mentioned previously. If you are Bella you can still choose your Bella cabins, they are usually the ones the cruise ship deems less desirable - but you still have a balcony for a good price. You do not have room service (at all or maybe for a charge you do, not exactly sure on that). If your cruise is fully booked you may be eating dinner in the Marketplace restaurant that is converted to a 3rd dining room at dinner time, but you will have the same food and your same table/wait staff like everyone else.

If you do have All Inclusive beverages thrown in, perhaps that is a perk from an outside travel agent? As long as you like the price and know what you are getting for your money then go for it. I think some people who are disappointed with Bella did not check it out thoroughly and then it seems a nasty surprise to be eating in the converted buffet or not being satisfied with their cabin. A lot of comments on these boards/reviews about feeling like they are in steerage or treated like 3rd class citizens.

Hope you find the answers you are looking for and you book something that suits you perfectly so you enjoy your experience.

FYI I believe Suzieanna is based in the UK and another poster from there pointed out that the UK site offers free drinks for Fantastica passengers. The information you posted looks like it's from either the US or Canadian sites. I'm glad you pointed out the converted buffet into a MDR for Bella passengers, that would personally be a big problem for me (as it has for others, as you so correctly indicated).

This is for American bookings - the OP is from the Isle of Man (a small island between Britain & Ireland). In this region, the all-inclusive drinks package is often offered in promotions.

All booked!!! Fantasia, starboard side balcony.. and free drinks package

Flight from uk to Barbados week round caribbean, week transatlantic, week in med... £2100 That's the real deal!!!

Thanks again for all your help everyone

All booked!!! Fantasia, starboard side balcony.. and free drinks package

Flight from uk to Barbados week round caribbean, week transatlantic, week in med... £2100 That's the real deal!!!

I mean Fantastica of course!!

All booked!!! Fantastica, starboard side balcony.. and free drinks package. Flight from UK to Barbados, week round caribbean, week transatlantic, week in med... £2100 That's the real deal!!!

It's very unusual to see a drinks package included for a repo cruise.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise :)