Port Canaveral restaurant-Not Seafood

vivianmarie244

We're (group of 6 including 2 children) staying at the Country Inn & Suites the night before our cruise and need to find a place to eat dinner. Half of the group are non seafood eaters so I need to find a reasonably priced restaurant with a good variety of food. We prefer not to have to drive too far. Any suggestions?

Kelseys Pizza is a local that's been around for a LONG time ... family italian ... I like 'em a lot. They make a HUGE greek salad too.

http://kelseyscanaveral.com/ about 1/2 mile down A1A .. same side of the street as CI&S

Grills of course has plenty of 'not fish' on the menu as well .... friends of our who are definite NO FISH folks ask to eat at Grills every time they visit ......

Grills has plenty of good, non-seafood options on their menu. Thai Thai is just down the street and does a very good and wide range of food. I know some people like Kelsey's, but my favorite for pizza in the area is Papa Vitos. One other good option if you're willing to drive just a couple minutes further into Cocoa Beach is Coasters Taphouse. Fantastic menu and reasonably priced.

Lion Fish is probably not available right now ... I'd be surprised anyway ... did not have when I visited twice last month. Most of it is brought in by recreational divers and the water is too cold for local folks right now ... more of a summer thing. Worth asking and often they will offer to substitute something they HAVE and prepare the same way ...

Back when it was still the Regis Show they did a 'best sandwich in the US' contest and Grills was a finalist with their grilled Mahi sandwich. They do a mean fish platter/dinner with grilled fish too. Friends like 'smothered island yard bird' chicken breast grilled to perfection and smothered with mushrooms, bacon, grilled onions, swiss cheese & honey mustard.

burgers are just typical burgers ... nothing special. Cuban sandwich is OK. Hint: they offer snow crab .... recognize that ANY snow crab you eat in Florida is frozen and the same stuff can be bought at SAMS and prepared at home for much less. ANY crab must be cooked and frozen quickly after being killed as it goes bad FAST (hours). Crab fisherman keep 'em alive until delivered to a processing place.

FOR OP

according to the paper and their website the CI&S at Port Canaveral is STILL CLOSED from hurricane IRMA .... when are you heading this way?

ALERT - Hurricane Irma: Due to the recent storm, the Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Cape Canaveral, FL is temporarily closed. Please contact Reservations at 1 (800) 456-4000 if you have an existing reservation during this time, as they can assist to find alternate accommodations with Country Inns & Suites.