Explorer? Anyone on plant based diet/no diary or meat/gluten free while on their crui

rosewood jo

Welcome to the Regent board!

I can say that the food on Regent is very good to excellent, however, the requirements for your plant based diet is a bit different than we have been asked about on CC previously. I suggest giving Regent a call about this. Alternatively, if you have a good TA they will have a contact at Regent and could get a response for you quickly. Plus, having a TA that regularly books Regent could enable you to get a percentage back on your cruise fare and they provide OBC's on many sailings. They are also the best source of information about Regent.

I see that you have sailed on Silversea previously. IMO, they are similar to Regent in many ways. Hope that Regent can meet your food requirements.

I am not gluten free, but I have travelled with my son on regent during a time when he was vegan. And he had no trouble finding plenty to eat. I know they are very accommodating to people who are gluten free as well.

My wife is allergic to gluten, dairy, and egg. We were on the Explorer last October, and they took great care of her. The special food prep was fantastic. One example: without asking, the kitchen even spent a day or two working on bread for her to eat, then they made it every day for her to have at dinner, regardless of the restaurant we went to, there it was.

They did ask her to pre-select meals the night before, but they took care of her even when we forgot to turn it in.

Regent knocked it out of the park. Let me know if you have any specific questions, would be happy to ask her.

Edited by lawbillik

Ditto - we took my mom's husband with us on a cruise to the Med last spring and he has severe food allergies. Meat proteins trigger severe swelling of his tongue and throat and the slightest cross-contamination can be bad news. As in potentially fatal bad news. We notified our TA and Regent both before we sailed and made sure we received confirmation that they'd received the medical reports we sent. Additionally, on embarkation day we met with the F&B manager as well as the head chef just to go over every possible problem. They worked with him every day to ensure maximum dining enjoyment with minimum risk. As lawbillik stated earlier, they asked him to preselect his meals every evening, but we had no issues at all, none, the entire trip. Often the chef would stop by to make sure everything was to his satisfaction. They really went above and beyond, in my opinion.

Communication is the key.