Luggage limit

dmcgeary

Carnival suggests one piece of luggage per person for 5 day cruises. How strict are they on this? I'll be fine, but I doubt my gf will be able to get all her stuff in one suitcase and a carry-on especially since we're flying down a day earlier and will be staying another night in Charleston.

Thank you for any input.

I have also been wondering this, more though to find out if we could bring on empty luggage to bring back souveniers or other knick knacks. (We are driving so no need to worry about checked baggage for the airport)

You're flying down? You might have more troubles with the airline than with the ship. Troubles as in having to pay extra for extra baggage. They unfortunately aren't as lenient as Carnival.

How is your luggage situation? Perhaps fit a few of her things in yours?

Dang. Only 5 days and needs more than a big luggage and carryon? She bringing ski or scuba gear?

Well, its actually 7 nights total. Flying in the day before and then spending an extra night in Charleston after. But, yeah, I don't get it either, but I'm smart enough not to argue about it. :D

When we started cruising we purchased two XL suitcases with wheels. On every cruise we fill them to just under the 50 lb airline limit. Then I take a backpack with valuables and a my wife takes small bag for carry ons. Works great for us on 7 day cruises.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

7 day cruise equals carry on. Now the 54 night one tested my packing abilities or lack of, with different temperature zones. Hope I have improved for the 38 night one coming up. Have to fly International so that will keep me honest with the weight. Lol.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well, its actually 7 nights total. Flying in the day before and then spending an extra night in Charleston after. But, yeah, I don't get it either, but I'm smart enough not to argue about it. :D

Using a bit of tact, try to explain reusing clothes is totally acceptable. (Even with wrinkles!)

We always have managed an eight day cruise with a 24" suit case, and one carry-on each.

(A luggage scale is a big help, also!)

My husbnd and I will be ging on a 5 day cruise with 1 day in a hotel before...so 6 days total. Each of us is bringing: 1 Medium sized suitcase & a backpack. We are also bringing 1, 22 inch carryon to hold sodas & wine. The 22" carryon will be used for dirty clothes during the cruise. I see nothing wrong with your girlfriend wanting to bring multiple suitcases, especially if she is a fashionista like me :). My husband would get laughed at if he suggested I should cut down on my luggage or the amount of clothes/shoes I am bringing!