NCL Newbie with Group

I want to cruise

Interested in Western Caribbean on July 1, 2018 on Getaway. New to NCL and Im loving what were planning. Family of 6 sailing. My parents with mobility issues are my concern. any suggestions to make it easier on them. Were booking on deck 10 close to elevator. May be using wheelchair which i hear from NCL we can book in advance and it will be in cabin on embarcation day. Has anyone used this service and if so what was your experience? Can anyone tell me who the Cruise Director will be then? Do we dock at all our ports or tender? Roatan, Harvest Caye, Costa Maya and Cozumel. and how does the free at sea alcohol choice work? Where can it be used and not used? Is it beer, alcohol and soft drinks and can it be used on drink of the day? I know Ive come to the right place for all of my questions. Thank you for your help and input.:)

For information on promos you may get like the alcohol/beverage promo, click on the promo on NCL.com and on the next page scroll down and read the Terms and Conditions. It will tell you everything you need to know. Always a good thing for people to do to get complete info.

That's right...there are companies to rent the wheelchair from...you will NOT be provided one thru the ship. Check out the "Cruising with Disabilities" forum on this site...there are several companies that will deliver and pick up the chair.

Whether you are docked or tendered should be stated on your itinerary. If the wheelchair person can't walk at all, then tendering may be impossible...depends on the port and the weather.

Drink packages may be used on the "Drink of the Day", but you have to ask for it in a regular glass...it doesn't cover the "souvenir" glasses.

I rented a walker for my mom on the Jewel with Special Needs at Sea who supplies them and wheelchairs too. It was in our room waiting when we boarded just like they said and they had us leave it in the room when we disembarked. I also asked for wheelchair assistance at boarding and disembarkation for her from the NCL reservations which they put on my reservation.

From the last western Caribbean I did on Getaway which had the same ports your's does we docked at all the ports.

Thanks CoffeeGoddess.just priced wheelchairs thru Special Needs at Sea and thats what were gonna do also. Nice to know for my moms sake well be docking at all of our ports, thanks KarlChilders:)any recommendations for what to do at these ports we havent been too would be greatly appreciated.

Here is what we have done at each port - but there are so many different things to do it's hard to say what will fit your family just right depending on who is going and what they each are able to do.

Roatan: Victor Boden Tour is great - look them up on the internet - they have zip lining and also a money farm which is totally family friendly. Not everyone has to do the zip lining.

Harvest Caye: private island - find a chair and relax. Everything cost money here there isn't one thing free (food/drink etc) nothing carries over from the ship (UBP etc).

Costa Maya: If you want another great beach day with drinks and food included look at the Maya Chan - we have been there before and will go back time and time again just because of how great it really is.

Cozumel: We got off the ship and found a place that offered some snorkeling which turned out to be one of the best things we did - just found one of those street vendors and talked to him about the price and booked it on the spot. Other than that in my opinion this is one port that I'd stay on the ship for and enjoy things there - meaning less people on the pool deck and by the bars.

Get plugged into a roll call for your trip - lots of good ideas tend to pop up there for things to do. That is how we figured out Maya Chan.. so glad we did.