Swapping out passengers on a booking

Shayhooper

I have my very first aft booked on Bliss for this coming Oct but it looks like the person I am booked with will not be going. Is it possible to add someone else and drop the other person?

No problem, even at the last minute as long as one of the first two passengers remains the same. (That is the rule as of today.)

I have a similar question. I’m booked in a balcony cabin solo (so I’m paying double occupancy). When is the latest I can add a second passenger to my cabin?

Unfortunately, adding someone can sometimes be harder than removing or changing. Adding a person to the reservation is controlled by lifeboat capacity. If that is at capacity then you cannot add anyone even if your cabin can hold more people. I learned this first hand a couple years ago when I tried to add my niece to my aft suite on the breakaway.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Unfortunately, adding someone can sometimes be harder than removing or changing. Adding a person to the reservation is controlled by lifeboat capacity. If that is at capacity then you cannot add anyone even if your cabin can hold more people. I learned this first hand a couple years ago when I tried to add my niece to my aft suite on the breakaway.

I am running into this issue as well. I am currently booked in a balcony as a solo; my girlfriend decided she wants to go with me. They have told me there is currently a capacity issue and won't let me add her. I get it, but didn't I pay for 2 people?

I am running into this issue as well. I am currently booked in a balcony as a solo; my girlfriend decided she wants to go with me. They have told me there is currently a capacity issue and won't let me add her. I get it, but didn't I pay for 2 people?

They did offer to move me to a different cabin in another area of the ship that had capacity. That was not an option for us, but maybe something you could look into.

I hadn’t anticipated that (capacity) as an issue and I also feel that since I’m paying for two i should be able to add someone.

So let me ask this, if I add the other person and they can’t come, I shouldn’t have to pay any extra later?

I hadn’t anticipated that (capacity) as an issue and I also feel that since I’m paying for two i should be able to add someone.

So let me ask this, if I add the other person and they can’t come, I shouldn’t have to pay any extra later?

When you add a second person, you will pay taxes, port fees and 20% gratuity for any perks for them. I do not think cancelling would increase the cost, but depending on timing you might not get some of the extra cost back.

You didn't pay for two. You paid for the use of a double occupancy cabin by one person. Hopefully they can find you another cabin on the ship that will allow for an additional passenger.