Maya Chan retreat in Costa Maya

SFlo

We had booked it for our trip in December, but much to our disappointment, missed it when the ship was rerouted due to a medical emergency onboard. What I CAN speak to is the fantastic customer service. I sent them an email as soon as the captain announced that we were diverting to Cozumel, and within minutes, the owner had written back to indicate that they had already initiated a full refund, and a moment after that, sent a bulk email out to all other guests on board. The refund was in my account within 24 hours, if memory serves correct. Absolutely zero issues, and I totally plan to book with them again if we ever head back to Costa Maya. I've heard nothing but great things about their service.

We had booked it for our trip in December, but much to our disappointment, missed it when the ship was rerouted due to a medical emergency onboard. What I CAN speak to is the fantastic customer service. I sent them an email as soon as the captain announced that we were diverting to Cozumel, and within minutes, the owner had written back to indicate that they had already initiated a full refund, and a moment after that, sent a bulk email out to all other guests on board. The refund was in my account within 24 hours, if memory serves correct. Absolutely zero issues, and I totally plan to book with them again if we ever head back to Costa Maya. I've heard nothing but great things about their service.

I'll second that. Our first booking, when we arrived at the pick up spot in Costa Maya a few years ago, we were met by the Maya Chan hosts with sad news. For the first time in five years they could not open that day. A storm had been so bad that it had pushed sea grass all the way up into the bar and cooking area and the cleanup was going to take time to accomplish. However, our refund was immediate, and they had already arraigned for us to go over to another same type place/business on the beach there if we wished. We declined though and did the day on our own. We've been back twice since to Maya Chan and love it. They are good folks. Local politics keeps that road horrible, and also keeps Maya Chan representatives and some other businesses from being able to enter the Costa Maya dock/shopping area for a better guest pick up location. Therefore the long walk to a point outside the gates.

Check the Costa Maya port board. You will get a variety of opinions about Maya Chan there. Some people love it, some people think that there are much better beach resorts in the area that cost a lot less.

At $59pp with all food and drinks included I think it will be hard to find one A LOT less. I am curious what other beach resorts cost less where you get a private beach, transportation, food & drinks (alcoholic and non alcoholic) as well as free use of snorkeling gear, glass bottom kayaks, paddle boards and float chairs.

We are booked for our first experience at Maya Chan this April and looking forward to it. I'm not looking for a lower price place to exchange for Maya Chan as we had family stay there and LOVE it. After reading the above statement I am curious if anyone has the names of those other resorts so they can be researched.

Edited by kdzkatz

At $59pp with all food and drinks included I think it will be hard to find one A LOT less. I am curious what other beach resorts cost less where you get a private beach, transportation, food & drinks (alcoholic and non alcoholic).

We are booked for our first experience at Maya Chan this April and looking forward to it. I'm not looking for a lower price place to exchange for Maya Chan as we had family stay there and LOVE it. I just don't think you can find a much better deal for the money but I could be wrong.

I agree with all of that. But, I look at Maya Chan as more than the physical facilities and food, drink. I imagine there are some others better with better beach and fun things to do and equal food and drink. However, for us Maya Chan is also the very, very relaxing, no stress/no worry atmosphere they provide us for those too few hours that day. We love that as much as the rest of what's part of it.

Were were in Maya Chan in November and had a great time - the road is long and bumpy but it is worth it, the beach was great, the water clear but David will warn you that it may not be that way all the time and if you go there and don't like it within the first 30 minutes, he will provide transportation and refund your full money. It was an awesome beach day for us - right there with Litte French Key. We didn't do an excursion - we arranged for it ourselves through the owners by email. The number of people per day is limited.

This is my favorite place in the Caribbean bar none! It is relaxing and low key. The food is great and the drinks keep coming. Having a massage on the beach here was the best ever!! Would not hesitate to go there again and again. They even baked a cake for hubby's birthday and I didn't even tell them it was his birthday. What a nice surprise!!