Best deals?

You have to be constantly looking...

Sometimes (for a family of 4) it's booked to separate rooms, rather than one. For instance, my past Christmas cruise on Oasis -- if I booked 1 room for 4, it was costing me $8000 but booking 2 rooms of 2, total cost was $6000.

It's like the stock market, it can go up and it can go down but knowing your price, and what you are willing to pay (regardless) will help.

As per when -- I have done it all, early, last minute, etc... been burned and been very happy.

If you cruise in high season book early and check prices every time they change a sale. Same if you want to book a new ship with all the bells and whistles. Favorite cabins will also disappear early, another good reason to book early. We always book early for cabin location and because I can’t travel last minute due to job restrictions.

If you can travel on short notice and don’t care where see the going, going gone sales.

If you have a choice, cruise in off seasons like last April, May, November and December exclusive of holidays sailing and January.

You can often get a longer cruise on an older ship for less then the brand new ones too. It also depends on when you want to go on cruises to Alaska and Europe.

Be flexible in cabin choice too. We prefer balconies for instance but sometimes the price gap between that and an ocean view is just too much and we’ll cruise in an ocean view.

Doing all the above keeps us crusing twice a year without breaking the bank.