Faster to the fun! (FTTF)

Bllybb758

I am more than a year out from my March 2, 2019 cruise on the Breeze. About when will it show up in my excursions?

You should start looking/stalking at about 1 yr out, keep looking as it may take a few months of checking before you get one. Early morning (ie: 5:00 AM - 6:00 AM) seems to be the magic hour for many of us! Good luck!

Thank you so much! I am more than a year out from my March 2, 2019 cruise on the Breeze. About when will it show up in my excursions?

It is not yet available for my January 5, 2019 cruise, so more than a year out at least in my case. Looking at other threads many people saw it start appearing around 11 months.

I just got it this morning for my cruise that leaves on Monday out of Jacksonville

It's available right now for my March 19th cruise out of Jacksonville. It showed up about 52 days out and has been available for the last 4 days.

Since the OP was Dream specific, I’ll chime in.

Three cruises on the Dream, first one with FTTF, second two without. For all three we arrived at the terminal around 10:30. With FTTF we went straight through the lines, then waited until called, and were on the ship by 11:30. Without FTTF we went straight through the lines, then waited until called, and were on the ship by 11:50.

I’ve never seen lines outside the terminal in New Orleans (as previously pictured in Miami), and do not regret foregoing FTTF on the last two Dream cruises.

On our last cruise, we also walked right onto the tender, and once waited in customer service line about three minutes. We each carry on a small bag, and have no problem hanging on to it while we eat in Lido after embarkation. We dropped those off when the rooms were ready (before 1:30), and check-in luggage was at the cabin by the time we finished re-exploring the ship, around 4 or so.

Just one data point, but we will not buy FTTF again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by dsotm73

Since the OP was Dream specific, I’ll chime in.

Three cruises on the Dream, first one with FTTF, second two without. For all three we arrived at the terminal around 10:30. With FTTF we went straight through the lines, then waited until called, and were on the ship by 11:30. Without FTTF we went straight through the lines, then waited until called, and were on the ship by 11:50.

I’ve never seen lines outside the terminal in New Orleans (as previously pictured in Miami), and do not regret foregoing FTTF on the last two Dream cruises.

On our last cruise, we also walked right onto the tender, and once waited in customer service line about three minutes. We each carry on a small bag, and have no problem hanging on to it while we eat in Lido after embarkation. We dropped those off when the rooms were ready (before 1:30), and check-in luggage was at the cabin by the time we finished re-exploring the ship, around 4 or so.

Just one data point, but we will not buy FTTF again.

Dream March 5th, 2018. I boarded with FTTF about 1pm and the line was still out the door at 4pm.

On fascination (smaller ship) we got to port almost an hour after my parents. We had fttf, parents did not. We were on board about 45 min before them. We saw them waiting in line to check in as we walked through priority line. Finished check in and went right on board. They had just called fttf while we were at check in counter

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

We used it the past two cruises and will use it again in May. $50 was more palatable, but $70 is starting to push it. I love bypassing the check-in lines and being able to drop our stuff off immediately. The first time our room was ready, the second time it was still being worked on. Both previous times our luggage was amongst the very last to be delivered, despite the orange luggage tags. That ticked me off quite a bit. I couldn't believe it happened on two cruises in a row.

Even though I only use Guest Services 1 or 2 times a cruise, being able to bypass that enormous line is awesome. You can feel the daggers of a dozen sets of eyes going right into your back.

Dream March 5th, 2018. I boarded with FTTF about 1pm and the line was still out the door at 4pm.

Either you're prescient or you got the year wrong.

Regardless, I would take this as an anomaly just from the fact that FTTF didn't board until 1. Something else was going on here.

All of my Dream cruises sailed away at 4. Certainly there were no lines at that time.

Either you're prescient or you got the year wrong.

Regardless, I would take this as an anomaly just from the fact that FTTF didn't board until 1. Something else was going on here.

All of my Dream cruises sailed away at 4. Certainly there were no lines at that time.

LOL, yes, 2017, this last March, they said late boarding was due to wind damaging the boarding area, but New Orleans news later said a man was found dead on-board. We sailed very late, but FTTF still got me on-board three hours earlier than everyone else.

LOL, yes, 2017, this last March, they said late boarding was due to wind damaging the boarding area, but New Orleans news later said a man was found dead on-board. We sailed very late, but FTTF still got me on-board three hours earlier than everyone else.

In normal embarkation, per my experience, it would have gotten you on 20 minutes earlier. “Worth it” is always a very subjective measure. From my vantage point it is not. YMMV.

In normal embarkation, per my experience, it would have gotten you on 20 minutes earlier. “Worth it” is always a very subjective measure. From my vantage point it is not. YMMV.

I will be evaluating that again on my next cruise, Jacksonville on the elation. I am told they are a smooth boarding process.

Our boarding experiences have almost become a joke. For my first 5 cruises, something happened that caused the ship to board much later than normal and sail much later than normal. I have only seen boarding start once before 1pm and that was the Paradise last month. They started boarding at 12:30. If the Elation starts boarding before noon, I will do a little dance.

I will be evaluating that again on my next cruise, Jacksonville on the elation. I am told they are a smooth boarding process.

Our boarding experiences have almost become a joke. For my first 5 cruises, something happened that caused the ship to board much later than normal and sail much later than normal. I have only seen boarding start once before 1pm and that was the Paradise last month. They started boarding at 12:30. If the Elation starts boarding before noon, I will do a little dance.

If I had that kind of luck I would find FTTF to be worth it as well. Please keep us apprised as to your future sailings so that we can avoid them and the embarkation snafus. [emoji41]