Avalon waterways and jeans at dinner?

gladgirl

You can go to Kuhl's home page. That is where I buy mine. They are not cheap, and they never discount them online and you pay shipping. That said, the pair I like for general good looks and water resistance and lack of wrinkling are about $80.

JC

Thanks. I did look there too. I really don’t need a single thing so tried not to look too long:) But, if I do order, how do you find the sizing? Accurate? And, no women’s Renegade on the website

P.s. I’m also a JC

Edited by Barrheadlass

On our cruise we had one guy that wore t-shirts and shorts to every meal. No one bothered him.

Yes I'm sure that no one bothered him, but I'm equally sure that his dress likely bothered more than a few people. But maybe not, as I've never cruised on Avalon.

Yes I'm sure that no one bothered him, but I'm equally sure that his dress likely bothered more than a few people. But maybe not, as I've never cruised on Avalon.

I find that I'm a much happier person when I mind my own business and focus on myself and my husband. They were very nice people and what they had on really didn't bother me. Perhaps since I grew up poor and most of my clothes were either hand-me-downs or handmade....I'm less judgmental than many about what others choose to place on their bodies.

It may come as a surprise to some, but over the course of many cruises I've found more people who 'bother me' dressed to elegant casual standards than those who were not, but then to be honest we don't spend our time judging people based on the clothes they wear, especially when they are fully compliant with any published requirements... Live and let live, it is a vacation not a fashion parade.

FYI, as these conversations almost ALWAYS get nasty, "noticing" what people wear does not automatically mean you are "judging" what they wear. I'm a people watcher, and I love fashion. I will notice what other people are wearing. Unless the clothing isn't clean (extremely rare!) I don't *care* what you're wearing. But for sure I'll notice what you're wearing.

My comfort clothing in the warmer weather (much of the year here...) is a cotton sundress. I have lots that to me are just big t-shirts, super casual. But for YEARS, all my MIL could see was dress=formal and she ALWAYS asked me why I was so dressed up. I was (and continue to be...) comfortable, so I don't care that my MIL noticed AND commented on my clothing for so long.....We should all dress to make ourselves happy. And to meet any guidelines that are set forth.

I've found in my decade plus of reading the fashion board here that many people ask this question so they can fit in with what other people are wearing. So, for right or wrong, telling people to do what they *want* to do doesn't always answer the question.

I (and others) have responded what we've seen on various Avalon cruises, along with what Avalon's posted guidelines are. Hopefully that is enough for OP to figure out how to pack for their upcoming trip.....

Thanks. I did look there too. I really don’t need a single thing so tried not to look too long:) But, if I do order, how do you find the sizing? Accurate? And, no women’s Renegade on the website

P.s. I’m also a JC

In men's sizes they are very accurate. If anything run a bit large versus a bit small.

Yeah, the women's line is not quite a well rounded as men's.

JC

gladgirl, you’ll be fine with jeans if that’s what you choose to wear. You’ll see most people will be dressed very casually, some will be more dressy and many not. Just be comfortable, it’s your vacation and you’ll find there are no formal nights on river cruise. Have a great time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...

We've done two previous Avalons and are doing another in July. Some people dress down for dinner. Most dress on the causal business side. Ladies in skirts or nice slacks. I honestly don't remember anyone wearing jeans to dinner so there either were not many, or it just didn't register with me. We are small town Texas, too, but my bride would never wear jeans to dinner anywhere, 'cept maybe Whataburger! She travels with khakis and black slacks with a few tops she mixes and matches with various accessories. One pair of black slacks can go a long way. We do two week trips to Europe with a carry on size bag.

I wear khakis and solid color polos. Sometimes I wear a long sleeve dress shirt with my navy blazer. But that's because I want to look nice for my bride. I don't really care, too much, what other people think of how I dress. I don't believe that most people care, though shorts at dinner is really pushing it.