Hotel within walking distance of celebrity port in Freemantle

We are thinking of taking a cruise out of Australia that leveaves out of

Perth next December. For reasons that I can't go into I need a hotel that is within walking distance to the pier that the Celebrity Solstice leaves from .I will not be carrying luggage. I will just be walking there,

Please advise if such a hotel exists and what the cost would be.

Thank you.

eddiemg24

We are thinking of taking a cruise out of Australia that leveaves out of

Perth next December. For reasons that I can't go into I need a hotel that is within walking distance to the pier that the Celebrity Solstice leaves from .I will not be carrying luggage. I will just be walking there,

Please advise if such a hotel exists and what the cost would be.

Thank you.

eddiemg24

I'm sorry I meant the Azamara not Celebrity

The Esplanade Hotel on Marine Terrace Fremantle is about a 20 minute walk. It's a Rydges hotel, a little pricey but very nice. There are other, cheaper hotels within walking distance but I have no idea what they are like, take a look at Trip Advisor or other booking agents. (Previous post re Holiday Inn at the Rocks is in Sydney),

The Esplanade Hotel on Marine Terrace Fremantle is about a 20 minute walk. It's a Rydges hotel, a little pricey but very nice. There are other, cheaper hotels within walking distance but I have no idea what they are like, take a look at Trip Advisor or other booking agents. (Previous post re Holiday Inn at the Rocks is in Sydney),

I can second the Esplanade, there is nothing really closer except for boutique hotels or B&Bs which may be a bit closer but not by much.

Another one to look at is Hougoumont Hotel. I walked from there with luggage so should be easy without it. Check it out on TripAdvisor as that will give you a feel for the size of the rooms. They aren’t huge but it’s nice and I’d stay there again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The walk to the pier is a reasonably long one. We departed from Fremantle last year. Stayed in Perth and booked a chauffeured car to pick us up and drop us off at the terminal. Door to door it was only around AUD $100.00 well worth the money and more personal than a taxi.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Another one to look at is Hougoumont Hotel. I walked from there with luggage so should be easy without it. Check it out on TripAdvisor as that will give you a feel for the size of the rooms. They aren’t huge but it’s nice and I’d stay there again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I use a walking stick and can't walk long distances. I was able to easily walk to the Hougoumont after disembarking the Solstice in 2016 with luggage. I second this suggestion.

Don't discount a hotel in Perth City CBD.

There are any number of acceptable ones to chose from near the central Perth railway station, and a direct and very frequent commuter train will take you to the Fremantle rail station in 20 minutes for about five dollars. From there it is at most a 5 -10 minute walk (approx half a kilometer) to the cruise ship passenger terminal.