Epic (misc. hotels) vs. Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay / 2 nights

js

Hi.

I will be in Miami from February 22-24.

Quite a while ago, I was able to book Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay on LMT for $500.40 (total for two nights). I stayed at this hotel in August and it was great for one night but not sure about doing two nights. I'm leaving my family at home and it will just be my mom (72) and me (50).

I can get the following more than Marriott Biscayne Bay:

Epic on LMT for $144 more

DoubleTree Biscayne Bay on LMT for $198 more

Four Seasons on LMT for $347 more

We are flying into FLL but leaving out of POM and prefer to stay in Miami closer to the port for the day we depart.

Would you keep what I had $500 for Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay or change for one of above for the extra money?

Thank you so much!

I have stayed at the Epic Hotel. Very nice and nicer then the one you have booked but not sure what room you will get and some rooms that are lower and face the draw bridge can hear the noise from the bridge.

Love the Four Seasons and terrific location. If you want something special look at that. I've stayed there before and near lots of restaurants and shopping.

Something along the lines of the Marriott would be the Intercontinental Hotel but I like the location better. Maybe take a look at that.

Keith

Doubletree is next door to the Marriott -- I prefer it, but not for an extra $100/night. :o

I'd keep what you have and use the savings to either bump up to a port view, or to dine and explore in Miami and Miami Beach. :cool:

The Doubletree is right next door, so don't change to that. The EPIC is a nice hotel, its on a very busy corner and has some on-going construction as of now. So keep that in mind.

The Four Seasons is a great hotel in a top-notch building. One of the tallest in Miami (2nd I think). Its in the Brickell area which is a nicer area to be in compared to the Marriott. Close to Mary Brickell Village, Brickell City Centre and lots of other great places to dine. You can easily take the metromover to Downtown and Bayside from there too.

Thank you all very much.

I think what I learned is that the Epic is nicer than Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, correct?

So, I should move for $150 total (extra $75 a night).

BlueHerons and flymia, both agree about the Four Seasons, who wouldn't LOL

BlueHerons, you have steered me correctly in the past regarding my stays at Biltmore.

It is now my go-to place for when I go to Miami, 2-3 times a year, and if my mom and I weren't

going to be there in May with my dd and sister for a girls weekend, I would just book Biltmore but

I think we need a change of scenery.

I'm going to go on tripadvisor and take a look at both. I am guessing my two nights at Four Seasons will be

great where we don't have to leave the hotel if we chose not too, correct?

Thank you all very much.

I think what I learned is that the Epic is nicer than Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, correct?

BlueHerons, you have steered me correctly in the past regarding my stays at Biltmore.

It is now my go-to place for when I go to Miami, 2-3 times a year, and if my mom and I weren't

going to be there in May with my dd and sister for a girls weekend, I would just book Biltmore but

I'm going to go on tripadvisor and take a look at both. I am guessing my two nights at Four Seasons will be

Epic is much nicer then Marriott.

Please see my post. I too recommended the Four Seasons and I have stayed there several times. :) It was post number 2.

The challenge is not knowing your budget.

IMHO the best hotels in the downtown area are the Four Seasons and the Mandarin Oriental followed by the Epic Hotel.

I prefer the Four Seasons over the Epic because we will get a suite with a separate bedroom and I get up very early so I can go in the living room and not disturb my wife and there are two restrooms.

I have also stayed in the standard room there on our first visit and it is a nice size room.

Keith

Thank you all very much.

So glad I've helped. LOVE the Biltmore! Have you been there for their brunch yet? Bottomless champs!!

Epic is much nicer then Marriott.

Please see my post. I too recommended the Four Seasons and I have stayed there several times. :) It was post number 2.

The challenge is not knowing your budget.

IMHO the best hotels in the downtown area are the Four Seasons and the Mandarin Oriental followed by the Epic Hotel.

I prefer the Four Seasons over the Epic because we will get a suite with a separate bedroom and I get up very early so I can go in the living room and not disturb my wife and there are two restrooms.

I have also stayed in the standard room there on our first visit and it is a nice size room.

Keith

Thank you. I see your post and just re-read. My budget is fine where I can do the Four Seasons but

thinking we are on the cruise in a suite and a week in Orlando after the cruise (my dh picking my mom and me up and we are driving to Orlando to watch my ds play college baseball) and maybe won't spend an extra $344 if the Epic is good enough and better than the Marriott.

Have you stayed at the Epic?

Thanks so much for taking the time to post and help. I greatly appreciate it.

The Four Seasons is an absolutely amazing hotel with a beautiful pool area. It's also a very quiet area, especially on the weekends where you own't hear a thing. I have spent a lot of time there and have seen the rooms numerous times when friends are staying there. It's been about 6 years since I have personally stayed there but friends are there quite often when visiting us.

There is construction going on around the Epic and it is a crazy corner. Was cursing myself again Monday when I decided to drive to Whole Foods and had to deal with the mess. It's also a wonderful hotel but there will be a bit more of a mess.

In looking at LMT for your dates, I also see that the Marriott Marquis is available $649 total. It's right across from the Epic on that crazy corner but it won't be a noisy as you won't be directly across from the bridge. The noise was the cars going over that bridge can be crazy if you are on low floor facing it.

Thank you. I see your post and just re-read. My budget is fine where I can do the Four Seasons but

thinking we are on the cruise in a suite and a week in Orlando after the cruise (my dh picking my mom and me up and we are driving to Orlando to watch my ds play college baseball) and maybe won't spend an extra $344 if the Epic is good enough and better than the Marriott.

Have you stayed at the Epic?

Thanks so much for taking the time to post and help. I greatly appreciate it.

Yes, stayed at Epic Hotel in early 2017.

We were in a suite on a higher floor and did not face the draw bridge. If you do and are on a lower floor it could be very noisy.

Add to this what Host CJSKIDS said and I would pass on it.

If you want to go high end, I would do Four Seasons Hotel or Mandarin Oriental.

If you want something moderate here are some choices.

Conrad Hilton - not too far from the Four Seasons and you have great restaurants and stores nearby at both Mary Brickell Village and the new Brickell Centre.

JW Marriott - right in the same vicinity.

And now I'll give you another one. About two years new. Right at the Brickell Centre called East Miami. Have not stayed there but have visited in 2017. I would consider this as well.

Keith

Thought I'd add my question to this thread instead of starting a new one, since I face a similar dilemma. Have cruised out of Miami a few times so somewhat familiar with the area. My choices for 2 nights pre-cruise Dec 1, 2018:

1. Hampton Inn Brickell - have a reservation for $250 per night directly through hotel

2. Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay - $164 per night through LMT

3. EPIC - $182 per night through LMT

4. Four Seasons - $280 per night through LMT

We are staying 2 nights so we can relax after a long flight from west coast, wander around the area, and enjoy a nice dinner or two before our two-week cruise. I don't want to say "money is no object", otherwise I wouldn't be posting here lol. But I don't want to pay extra if the lesser priced hotel would be just as enjoyable.

So... is the Hampton Inn Brickell worth $250 per night when compared with the others in my list? Is the Marriott Biscayne Bay a good deal at $164? Thinking of saving the extra money and throwing it at the dinner bill :)

Thoughts? Thanks!!

~Denise

For an extra $30/night I'd choose the Four Seasons over Hampton.

If you are on a budget the Marriott Biscayne is a very nice alternative, although there are fewer dining/nightlife option in the nearby area.

Thought I'd add my question to this thread instead of starting a new one, since I face a similar dilemma. Have cruised out of Miami a few times so somewhat familiar with the area. My choices for 2 nights pre-cruise Dec 1, 2018:

1. Hampton Inn Brickell - have a reservation for $250 per night directly through hotel

2. Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay - $164 per night through LMT

3. EPIC - $182 per night through LMT

4. Four Seasons - $280 per night through LMT

We are staying 2 nights so we can relax after a long flight from west coast, wander around the area, and enjoy a nice dinner or two before our two-week cruise. I don't want to say "money is no object", otherwise I wouldn't be posting here lol. But I don't want to pay extra if the lesser priced hotel would be just as enjoyable.

So... is the Hampton Inn Brickell worth $250 per night when compared with the others in my list? Is the Marriott Biscayne Bay a good deal at $164? Thinking of saving the extra money and throwing it at the dinner bill :)

Thoughts? Thanks!!

~Denise

Denise,

I would do the Hampton over the Epic and the Marriott.

I would be concerned that for the Epic they would give you a room facing the draw bridge and it can be noisy. I like the location of Hampton over the Marriott. You would be right near Mary Brickell Village and the relatively new Brickell Centre. Lots of restaurants and stores.

Now as to the Four Seasons. The Four Seasons is a beautiful hotel. Best of the ones listed in my humble opinion. I have stayed there several times. Location terrific and near the places I mentioned. Very quiet area. Very nice pool area outside in the back. Also a Fitness Center. Excellent one at that.

Just keep in mind that the Hampton Inn includes breakfast and wine at night. However, it is not a full service hotel.

I would go with the Four Seasons if you are willing to pay the few extra dollars and on top of that get breakfast.

The Hampton Inn is a great hotel and I was just in the rooms again when I got my son a room there over Thanksgiving but you can't compare that hotel to the Four Seasons. The Four Seasons is a top hotel as Keith said. The pool deck there is spectacular if you spend anytime there.

The new Hyatt Centric is about to open Panorama Tower and they may have some specials so I would keep this in mind since you have so much time. They maybe will go onto LMT once open.

Edited by Host CJSKIDS

So glad I've helped. LOVE the Biltmore! Have you been there for their brunch yet? Bottomless champs!!

My mom, daughter, sister and I booked a girls weekend over Mother's Day and May 11-14 and booked the brunch for Mother's Day and just booked Palme d'Or for the four of us for that Saturday. Figure Friday, we will eat by the pool or my mom likes to sit outside at the Italian restaurant there in the courtyard. It's now our go-to quick getaway place.

THANK YOU!

I know you have already made your decision but we love the Epic, Intercontinental and a new favorite as of last month, the W Downtown Miami.

Thank you. I changed our ressie to the Epic. Im happy with that decision and Ill ask about seeing if we can have a higher floor not facing the draw bridge.

We like the InterContinental too but when the kids were younger we stayed there for years prior to our cruises so we have been trying for something different (thus how we ended up loving the Biltmore but now we go there for getaway weekends).

Thank you all so much. Going to keep watching lmt and see if Four Seasons goes down a little more otherwise Im all set for the Epic. I think it will be a better choice for two full days than the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay (which was fine for my dh and me one night pre-cruise in July).

Thanks all so much!

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to come back and thank you all again for your help!! With the mention of the construction in this thread I kept wondering if it would be a problem since I just wanted a nice relaxing quiet two nights by a pool for the end of this week.

I went on tripadvisor today and read that Epic is Unering its guests to other hotels for pool and there is black tarp and scafolding around the hotel. Yikes. I was able to call and cancel our stay.

I booked the Four Seasons and should have just done that from the start. Thank you all as always for your comments. I really appreciate it!

I wanted to come back and thank you all again for your help!! With the mention of the construction in this thread I kept wondering if it would be a problem since I just wanted a nice relaxing quiet two nights by a pool for the end of this week.

I went on tripadvisor today and read that Epic is Unering its guests to other hotels for pool and there is black tarp and scafolding around the hotel. Yikes. I was able to call and cancel our stay.

I booked the Four Seasons and should have just done that from the start. Thank you all as always for your comments. I really appreciate it!

Glad you found that out. I can see the black tarp and scaffolding but didn't realize that the pool was closed.

I had friends staying at the Four Seasons while visiting us last weekend and was back up there. You really will love it. Friday night we had wine outside with the fire pits going. And of course the pool area was great again.

Glad you found that out. I can see the black tarp and scaffolding while walking down there but didn't realize that the pool was closed.

I had friends staying at the Four Seasons while visiting us last weekend and was back up there. You really will love it. Friday night we had wine outside with the fire pits going. And of course the pool area was great again.

Glad you found that out. I can see the black tarp and scaffolding while walking down there but didn't realize that the pool was closed.

Wonderful to hear! Thank you! Im looking forward to wine, mojitos and a relaxing two night stay. Thank you again for all your input! I appreciate it.