Cruise "sold out" on other web sites, but available on HAL

calteacher

Our next cruise is alternately shown as "sold out" one day, the next day there is "availablility", etc. etc. On other web sites it is shown as "Not available". Is HAL just assigning the "guarantee" cabins, or might there be a possibility of an "up-sell". (Know there is no possibility of an upgrade.

My TA has instructions to notify me of any upsales, but not sure she is on the ball.

Our next cruise is alternately shown as "sold out" one day, the next day there is "availablility", etc. etc. On other web sites it is shown as "Not available". Is HAL just assigning the "guarantee" cabins, or might there be a possibility of an "up-sell". (Know there is no possibility of an upgrade.

My TA has instructions to notify me of any upsales, but not sure she is on the ball.

Normally when it is close to sailing, HAL offers upsells (in my experience) before they assign the guarantees. When they do this, it shows as sold out until the new cabins are assigned and, then if there is availability it shows again.

The cruise could also be sold out if the other websites are showing it as "not available". There could be too many guarantees in one category and HAL may be offering upsells and/or assignings to redistribute them to available cabins.

It certainly sounds like there are cabin assignments going on by either upsell or assignment.

This is very, very common. I see it all the time. On, off, sold-out, whatever. Some 3 months out.

Very, very frustrating.

Worse is the way the HAL website gives complete pricing for all categories of a cruise and then when you click on BOOK, it says that cruise or particular category is unavailable/sold out. Or, it changes the pricing to higher than on the first page.

Very, very frustrating.

Generally I do not think HAL offers upsells or assigns 3 months out, so that is not what is going on with the cruises I am considering.

This is very, very common. I see it all the time. On, off, sold-out, whatever. Some 3 months out.

Very, very frustrating.

Worse is the way the HAL website gives complete pricing for all categories of a cruise and then when you click on BOOK, it says that cruise or particular category is unavailable/sold out. Or, it changes the pricing to higher than on the first page.

Very, very frustrating.

Generally I do not think HAL offers upsells or assigns 3 months out, so that is not what is going on with the cruises I am considering.

By any chance are you doing a cruise where there are different segments, Silver? I find this happens for a day while they shuffle cabins from one segment to another depending on what the demand is.

I know it has happened on our upcoming cruise and past cruises where there were different segments.

By any chance are you doing a cruise where there are different segments, Silver? I find this happens for a day while they shuffle cabins from one segment to another depending on what the demand is.

I know it has happened on our upcoming cruise and past cruises where there were different segments.

A couple are Collectors, two are not. I see this right across the board, much different than in the past. It looks an awfully lot like "bait and switch" sometimes. Maybe a computer glitch or poor software: I don't know.

Nevertheless, good software should not show any kind of pricing for something you cannot book.

A couple are Collectors, two are not. I see this right across the board, much different than in the past. It looks an awfully lot like "bait and switch" sometimes. Maybe a computer glitch or poor software: I don't know.

Nevertheless, good software should not show any kind of pricing for something you cannot book.

I've seen it fairly often too. It's annoying.

Nevertheless, good software should not show any kind of pricing for something you cannot book .

Totally agree.