Closest beach to port?

mishelly76

Hi all,

We will be in Aruba on Navigator of the Seas in March. We are in port until 6 pm and have a snorkeling excursion booked for the morning which will only be 3 hours in duration (9 am - noon). What's a good Beach we can get to by taxi and spend the afternoon? Snorkeling would be a bonus but not mandatory, facilities are mandatory, restrooms, restaurant, bar, etc....

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Snorkeling off the beach isn't very good at most Aruba beaches. You can easily take a cab to Palm or Eagle Beach. There are many, many threads in this forum discussing Aruba beaches.

Yes I read through those as well. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We haven't been there yet but are planning on going to Reflexions Beach Bar .I checked it out on Trip Advisor .supposed to be 15 minutes walk from pier.

Oh I haven’t heard of that one, I will check it out!!

Thank you for the input!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Beyond Reflextions is a new vendor with chairs and umbrellas. It is right in front of Splash Park, where the inflatable water, bouncy house type things are. There is a restaurant and bar there. This area is relatively new and is very nice. At night, the restaurant does a good business , so it's becoming popular. It looks like a great place to spend the day.

• 3 months later...
Hi all,

We will be in Aruba on Navigator of the Seas in March. We are in port until 6 pm and have a snorkeling excursion booked for the morning which will only be 3 hours in duration (9 am - noon). What's a good Beach we can get to by taxi and spend the afternoon? Snorkeling would be a bonus but not mandatory, facilities are mandatory, restrooms, restaurant, bar, etc....

Thanks!

Reflections on Surfside beach.

This is my review on another site,,,

From the port, a taxi to Reflection's costs $13. for 2, one way. The trip takes only about 5 minutes, as it is only a mile or two south of the port.

Our bill at Reflections totaled $60. for the following, 2 loungers and an umbrella, a lunch we ordered which consisted of a beef quesadilla for my wife, a giant hamburger and fries with 2 beers for me, and a tip.

The beef in the hamburger and in the quesadilla was outstanding. My wife said it was the best she ever had! Yep, better burger then Guy's on the ship!!

I want to state something here I rarely read, there is a shower to wash off the salt water just as you walk off the sand onto the cement towards the swim up bar.

Yes there is a pool with a swim up bar, with loungers and chairs around it, but I didn't make it there today, maybe next time.

After lunch, we sat around for about an hour, enjoying the breeze, then had our server Jenny call us a taxi, which she gladly did. The taxi arrived in less then 10 minutes, and we were headed back to the port to do some shopping before going back on the ship. I want to thank the following people at Reflections for a great beach day, ,,Jorge who answered all my emails, Brian who set us up on the beach, and took care of us there, and Jenny, who was our server in the restaurant/bar area!

They were very attentive, very good workers, and very nice.

I would not do any beach that costs much...after 3 hours in the Aruba sun, you may find you're done with sun for the day...especially for northerners.....Aruba's sun is INTENSE.....use LOTS of sunscreen and use it frequently! Not kidding about that!

• 2 weeks later...
Is it a rocky beach and is the water rough? I've been to Palm and Eagle where the sand is soft and other than lots of cigarette butts clean. Wondering if it's the same here.

Are you referring to Reflextions? It is a sandy beach that is very calm.