Visiting without paying for an Excursion

ccpremium

What is there to do without paying for an excursion? Anything at all? We don't want to travel too far from the cruise ship, but are open to a little exploration around the immediate area.

The two ports on the island where is your ship docking?

I'm coming in on the Carnival Dream in Late March... we are docking at Mahogany Bay.

As said above Mahogany Bay is carnivals multimillion-dollar Cruise complex complete with shops, restaurants, a flying chair and a beach. Think Disney.

It's a really easy Beach day, but there's very little Honduran about it.

Here is a link to the Mahogany Bay website. It will give you information on most of the things available at the port. The beach is free. The zip lines and chair lift (flying beach chairs) do have a charge, but are inside the port area.

https:/mahoganybaycc.com

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How do I find out where my ship arrives? We are in the NCL Getaway.

Mahogany Bay belongs to Carnival only Carnival ships and those affiliated with them dock there.

There's a pretty good chance that you're Norwegian ship is going to dock in Coxen Hole.

If you like Google "Roatan cruise ship schedule" to confirm.

We will be in Roatan in March on HAL Rotterdam. Can we just go to Maya Key on our own or do we have to be on a Carnival ship?

Maya Key is an excursion usually offered through the ship. I believe it is available on HAL, but check your excursion list for Mahogany Bay. All ships docking at Mahogany Bay can use the facilities there.

Maya Key is an excursion usually offered through the ship. I believe it is available on HAL, but check your excursion list for Mahogany Bay. All ships docking at Mahogany Bay can use the facilities there.

Do you know if we can book a trip there on our own, not with the ship. Can we just take a water taxi there?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Do you know if we can book a trip there on our own, not with the ship. Can we just take a water taxi there?

Per their website, they only book through the cruise lines and are contractually prohibited from booking directly. You may try and contacting them and see how strict those rules are.

And there are no water taxis from Mahogany Bay to Maya Key. The water taxi is on the West End/West Bay. There are/were ferries that leave from Dixon Cove (where Mahogany Bay is located) but they go to the mainland.

Maya Key is a Private Island, owned by Anthony's Key Resort. YOu have to book through your cruise ship to go there, and it is only available to cruise ship passengers on certain days, when the resort is not using it for their guests.

We have been there, and it is a nice day trip, but there is really nothing there that you can't get elsewhere if you are doing a west end beach, etc.

Maya Key is a Private Island, owned by Anthony's Key Resort. YOu have to book through your cruise ship to go there, and it is only available to cruise ship passengers on certain days, when the resort is not using it for their guests.

We have been there, and it is a nice day trip, but there is really nothing there that you can't get elsewhere if you are doing a west end beach, etc.

On the other hand, it is a lot easier to get to from either pier (especially Coxen Hole) rather than getting a driver, or taxi, to West Bay.

We have done it a couple of times, first time years ago when it was Fins and Flippers and you could book direct, and depending on how many in your group we have found it cost effective considering it includes lunch and transport is expensive on Roatan.