Back again: $100 off $500 using AMEX

DisneyDatknee

All of mine were on the same log-in also. I deleted online access to each of them and then started over and re-registered each with a separate log-in. Then I added the offer to each. Worked like a charm.

Thank you! I’ll try that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m guessing this wouldn’t work if you booked through Costco? Or could you make a payment directly to Carnival and have that count?
It won't work with Costco because their travel service no longer accepts AMEX. And I don't think you can make a payment directly to Carnival if you booked thru a travel agent.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Edited by MisterBill99

I think I'm not seeing things clearly - how do you unlink or delete online access without a lot of hooey? Thank you for helping an old gal out!

Remove the second card from the login under Account Services ->

Remove Card from Online Management. There is no need to remove all cards as the previous poster did. Just remove the card that did not get the offer added.

Then logoff and when you get to the login screen, select Create New Online Account. It will ask you to enter your card information. After doing that, do not add it to an existing login, instead say you want to create a new account. You can use the same email address but need to create a new username.

When you have the new login setup, you will be able to add the offer to the new card.

You probably want to make sure that your Autopay and alerts are still in place on the new card. I think Autopay will stay but alerts may not. Also if you access the account thru something like Quicken or Mint, you'll need to change the login for the account that you moved.

OK I did that and added to card. Will let my TA know to have another payment with another AMEX! That's $200 off I like that. Now, if I was like the poster with 5 cards I think I might go crazy keeping that straight!

Hahahahaha. I have an order I use and have all my passwords written down. I have to! But it’s worth it [emoji846].

Hahahahaha. I have an order I use and have all my passwords written down. I have to! But it’s worth it [emoji846].

I can see where that is! When my Hilton VISA sent the info they were switching to AMEX I confess I thought YAY another cruise offer when those come up!

Hmmm. Maybe one of my other cards will, too.....;p;p

OK I did that and added to card. Will let my TA know to have another payment with another AMEX! That's $200 off I like that. Now, if I was like the poster with 5 cards I think I might go crazy keeping that straight!

I have over a dozen (and used most of them for an upcoming HAL cruise)! I keep a Word document listing the cards and logins. I also create a new list for each offer so I can mark which card it has been used on. A spreadsheet might be a better choice but I already have this file set up.

Meant to post here vs the year old thread. : P

Success on my Delta SkyMiles card Was able to add the offer to my card via a link provided in one of these Amex threads. And got an email saying thanks for taking advantage of the offer after I made the $500 payment. Will monitor the account for the actual credit.

• 1 month later...
I don’t think it can be used on a cruise that’s already booked, according to the terms.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes it sure can, I used it before for a cruise booked already as well. As long as the charge comes through as "Carnival" Amex doesn't know if it is "payment" or a "deposit" for a new cruise so it works. Already got my confirmation email from Amex too saying congrats on using my applied offer and I would see a $100 statement credit on my next bill.

Yes it sure can, I used it before for a cruise booked already as well. As long as the charge comes through as "Carnival" Amex doesn't know if it is "payment" or a "deposit" for a new cruise so it works. Already got my confirmation email from Amex too saying congrats on using my applied offer and I would see a $100 statement credit on my next bill.

Same for us. The posting for Carnival on AMEX reads something like Carnival Reservations even though it was our final payment. Our credit appeared 2 or 3 days after the payment was charged.