Classic beverage package limits

pbrady

Thanks but I read that before I typed the original question. It says drinks are limited to $9. However, an recent travel article written on the Classic drink package shows different limits...Drink $12 Beer $8 and wine $9

Knowing Celebrity's web site does not always match reality, I wanted to ask if someone on board recently can let me know.

• Like 1

I'm still waiting for someone to post about Smoothies, since it is only listed under the Premium Non Alcoholic Package.

Would like to know if I have Classic how much more is it, or do I have to pay full price for one and how much is a smoothie?

I'm still waiting for someone to post about Smoothies, since it is only listed under the Premium Non Alcoholic Package.

Would like to know if I have Classic how much more is it, or do I have to pay full price for one and how much is a smoothie?

I just did a search for "smoothies". Lots of threads concerning smoothies. You may find your answer in one of the many threads. Unless you've been there done that.

Thanks but I read that before I typed the original question. It says drinks are limited to $9. However, an recent travel article written on the Classic drink package shows different limits...Drink $12 Beer $8 and wine $9

Knowing Celebrity's web site does not always match reality, I wanted to ask if someone on board recently can let me know.

At one time there were different price ceilings for different types of alcoholic drinks, but they went to a ceiling of $9 for all alcoholic drinks sometime in 2016.

In addition, they used to charge full price for a drink that was over the ceiling price, but when they changed the ceiling price they also changed that policy - now if a drink is over the ceiling you only pay the difference + 18% gratuity: e.g. for an $11 drink you would be charged $2.36.

I just did a search for "smoothies". Lots of threads concerning smoothies. You may find your answer in one of the many threads. Unless you've been there done that.

I sure have. I have read everything. I'm trying to decide if I want to downgrade to the Premium Non Alcoholic Package from the Classic. I mostly drink soda water, fancy coffees and would enjoy a few smoothies. I don't normally drink any alcohol but if I stick with the Classic I might try a few drinks over the 7 night cruise.

I sure have. I have read everything. I'm trying to decide if I want to downgrade to the Premium Non Alcoholic Package from the Classic. I mostly drink soda water, fancy coffees and would enjoy a few smoothies. I don't normally drink any alcohol but if I stick with the Classic I might try a few drinks over the 7 night cruise.

Looks like you'll have to ask when you are on the ship. Then you can report back here with your experiences.;)

Also worth noting that Drink limits are higher on sailings from the UK (possibly Australia as well?) because the 18% service charge is built into the price quoted on the menus.

Also worth noting that Drink limits are higher on sailings from the UK (possibly Australia as well?) because the 18% service charge is built into the price quoted on the menus.

Yes, but it is effectively the same - or at least very similar. The additional charge for a non-UK $12 glass of wine equals ($12 - $9) x 1.18 = $3.54. Don't remember exactly, but I think both the UK package ceiling and prices with included gratuity are rounded to either the nearest dollar or nearest $0.50; so the same glass of wine on a UK based cruise would be something like $14 - $10.50 = $3.50 or $14 - $11 = $3.

Yes, but it is effectively the same - or at least very similar. The additional charge for a non-UK $12 glass of wine equals ($12 - $9) x 1.18 = $3.54. Don't remember exactly, but I think both the UK package ceiling and prices with included gratuity are rounded to either the nearest dollar or nearest $0.50; so the same glass of wine on a UK based cruise would be something like $14 - $10.50 = $3.50 or $14 - $11 = $3.

Accepted, I was trying to point out to the OP why they might have seen different upper limit prices on 2 cruises

There is also a Standard Beverage Package for $45 per day. This includes drinks up to $6 per day. I haven't found a drinks menu except for the Martini Bar. What does this include besides soft drinks and beer? ...any cocktails or frozen drinks?

There is also a Standard Beverage Package for $45 per day. This includes drinks up to $6 per day. I haven't found a drinks menu except for the Martini Bar. What does this include besides soft drinks and beer? ...any cocktails or frozen drinks?

Very limited:

Standard Package

$45 USD/per night*

Enjoy all the spirits listed in the Standard Package.

Well spirit brands

A selection of wines by varietal (i.e. Chardonnay, Merlot, etc.)

Bottled water

I found a few drink menus here, not sure how recent they are - http://www.cruisewithgambee.com/celebrity-drink-lists/

Found a menu for AquaSpa Cafe and the Smoothies are $5.50. https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/celebrity-constellation-272/aquaspa-cafe-203278/aquaspa-cafe--v10415737/

Found another list for all the drink packages and Smoothies weren't on any of them. It seems to be the one thing that keeps changing.

Edited by rsquirrel