Voom

sdrocks

Our Harmony cruise in June is listing VOOM as $15.99 /day. We are diamond plus in a jr suite, although I'm pretty sure has to be GS & above for free VOOM. But as I recall there is also a discount for diamond plus or am I confused. Just curious

if this current offer of $15.99 per day better, worse or equal to what diamond plus is ?

Thanks

Our Harmony cruise in June is listing VOOM as $15.99 /day. We are diamond plus in a jr suite, although I'm pretty sure has to be GS & above for free VOOM. But as I recall there is also a discount for diamond plus or am I confused. Just curious

if this current offer of $15.99 per day better, worse or equal to what diamond plus is ?

Thanks

Diamond Plus discount is EITHER 2 free continuous 24-hour periods of unlimited internet OR $46 off of a package purchased onboard. I believe the Surf & Stream is running $20 per day onboard.

Thanks ,Bob. Looks like current discount of $46 the better deal so unless drops to rock bottom (LOL) will wait until boarding.

Also keep in mind that if you don't need streaming, you can get Surf Only onboard for $16/day.

Thanks

Each D+ member gets the free day. So you can get one free 24 hour period, then apply the other person's D+ discount to a package. You can't apply both to the discount. We just got off Freedom. I used one free day on day 2 then a couple of days later I applied the discount for a package. I believe it was around $105 minus the $46 for Surf and Stream, so I paid around $58 for the remaining 5 days, so it worked out to about $11 per day for Surf and Stream. Surf only would have run about $33 so about $6 per day for 5 days, plus I had the one day free, so a total of 6 days. You can run the numbers depending on how many days you want to sign up for.

As for free internet, you are correct, it's for Grand Suite and above.

Edited by papaflamingo

Thanks Bob & Papaflamingo. Good ideas. I had forgotten about the 24 hr per member. Normally wouldn't probably

do surf & stream, but as grandchildren on this cruise & we most likely will do some evening child care, may opt for

the stream also, so can watch movies or whatever on my Ipad. Play it by ear, but these options are good to know.

Thanks, again

• 2 weeks later...
Does WIFI calling work with Surf...or do you need Surf and Stream?

Thanks

I tink it depends more on the level of oversubscription and latency.. I had no problem on Oasis, but had very poor performance on Jewel. I had Stream on both occasions.

Thanks Bob & Papaflamingo. Good ideas. I had forgotten about the 24 hr per member. Normally wouldn't probably

do surf & stream, but as grandchildren on this cruise & we most likely will do some evening child care, may opt for

the stream also, so can watch movies or whatever on my Ipad. Play it by ear, but these options are good to know.

Thanks, again

If that's your plan, I wouldn't get stream just for the purpose of watching movies. I would download stuff before I leave home. :)