Private tour

Bleon9

Not sure about a private tour through the ship but certainly there are the standard excursions available to book in advance. And stateroom selection and loyalty status have no bearing on what or how you can book.

However, Bermuda is one of the easiest and safest islands to visit on your own. I guess the caveat would be with how long you are there - but most likely it will be three days, which will allow ample time to see the whole island. We have done this several times and have never had any issues or concerns with going anywhere independently.

There are bus and ferry passes available at the pier and their easily managed system takes you anywhere on the island that you would want to go very reliably and inexpensively. If desired, there are taxis for hire as well but at a far more expensive cost. What you prefer to do is clearly up to you but there is nothing on the island - St. George included - that would require a private tour to be able to see. It can easily and extremely safely be done on your own, especially with the amount of time you will likely have in port.

Enjoy your cruise - Bermuda is a great destination. One of our favorite itineraries.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Agree 100% with Leave It. But if you truly wish to take a private tour, then you might consider hiring a local guide through:

http://www.toursbylocals.com

I have used them in other countries with great success and I note that they do have a guide in Bermuda, although I have not used her.

We were in Bermuda in April 2017 and used Ricky’s Island Tours. We actually organized a private tour with fellow cruisers on our roll call. We had sufficient interest where we had our own vehicle. They picked us up at the cruise port.

There may be someone on your roll call who has already started the ball rolling in terms of organizing some type of local tour.

http://www.rickysminibus.com

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I too agree with leave it. We visited Bermuda last year and the public transportation system was efficient, safe and extremely reasonable in price. Here is a link to the various bus routes and on this page are links to the ferry and bus schedules. With a little bit of planning you can easily make sure you can see everything you want too on your own time schedule, plus have the added benefit of interacting with the locals who were some of the friendliest people we ever encountered.

https://www.gov.bm/bus-routes-and-maps