laundry on Princess Star

vegasgal47

You can request anything you wish. Whether they will honor that request or not is a different issue....and my answer to that is "I don't know." As above, self serve washers and dryers are available. If you use them, you know your laundry was done to your specifications.

You can request anything you wish. Whether they will honor that request or not is a different issue....and my answer to that is "I don't know." As above' date=' self serve washers and dryers are available. If you use them, you know your laundry was done to your specifications.[/quote']

Thanks! I get free laundry so I prefer to use them IF they wash as I requested. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks! I get free laundry so I prefer to use them IF they wash as I requested. [emoji4]

My family is teasing me non-stop. This will be our first cruise in a suite, and "free" laundry is definitely near the top of the suite benefits I'm looking forward to.

We did the Ultimate Ship Tour on one of our cruises. The tour includes the laundry "room".

There were many very, very large machines for washing & drying. They all use HOT water. Each batch of passenger laundry is placed in a mesh bag and washed all together. Don't recall if they separate whites. We take "old" clothes (not tattered, just not brand new). If the laundry ruins it, we don't care.

If you have something that will fade, shrink or is delicate...DIY.

If it's just a couple of items, you could wash in the bathroom sink. If it's enough for a load, you can use the laundry room.

The dry cleaning isn't the "dry cleaning" that we think of on land. Someone may post how it's done, I don't remember at the moment.

We did the Ultimate Ship Tour on one of our cruises. The tour includes the laundry "room".

There were many very, very large machines for washing & drying. They all use HOT water. Each batch of passenger laundry is placed in a mesh bag and washed all together. Don't recall if they separate whites. We take "old" clothes (not tattered, just not brand new). If the laundry ruins it, we don't care.

If it's just a couple of items, you could wash in the bathroom sink. If it's enough for a load, you can use the laundry room.

The dry cleaning isn't the "dry cleaning" that we think of on land. Someone may post how it's done, I don't remember at the moment.

Thank you! Sounds like taking only clothes that can be washed in hot!

Thank you very much! Doesn’t sound like I would use them for all my clothes. Maybe just socks and jeans.

JF is spot on, and I can add a bit more. Princess uses the Aquatec Washing System. The machine does 350 pounds per load and at 160 degrees. They do not do dry cleaning any more. Soiled clothing are first spot cleaned and then put into the Aquatec Washing machines. After washing, all clothes are then steamed and pressed out. Rough on delicate and silk clothes. Ships crew clothing are synthetic, so fading is minimum. My color cotton tees did fade. I don't bring all new clothes.

JF is spot on, and I can add a bit more. Princess uses the Aquatec Washing System. The machine does 350 pounds per load and at 160 degrees. They do not do dry cleaning any more. Soiled clothing are first spot cleaned and then put into the Aquatec Washing machines. After washing, all clothes are then steamed and pressed out. Rough on delicate and silk clothes. Ships crew clothing are synthetic, so fading is minimum. My color cotton tees did fade. I don't bring all new clothes.

Thanks! That wont work for my clothes.

Do the machines to do your own take quarters? The Carnival one I was on did.

The machines use tokens. There is a machine in the self serve laundry room you use to swipe your cruise card to obtain tokens. Last time I used the machine it was $3 per load to wash, $3 per load to dry. There is also a machine to purchase detergent or softener. I think those are $1.50 each. Bring your own detergent and softener though if you can.

You buy tokens from the machine in the laundry room using your cruise card.

My experience with the self serve laundry Deck 10 on Star last October was that the washing machine did not spin enough of the water out of the clothes and the Dryer did not get hot enough to dry the clothes even in two dry cycles. Had to finish drying several items by hanging them in the bathroom.

You buy tokens from the machine in the laundry room using your cruise card.

My experience with the self serve laundry Deck 10 on Star last October was that the washing machine did not spin enough of the water out of the clothes and the Dryer did not get hot enough to dry the clothes even in two dry cycles. Had to finish drying several items by hanging them in the bathroom.

Thank you for the info. Glad I don’t have to come up with quarters. Lol

The machines use tokens. There is a machine in the self serve laundry room you use to swipe your cruise card to obtain tokens. Last time I used the machine it was $3 per load to wash, $3 per load to dry. There is also a machine to purchase detergent or softener. I think those are $1.50 each. Bring your own detergent and softener though if you can.

39505920612_61cdc15ee6_k.jpg

25665002668_797b4df34f_k.jpg

27759494549_589b9a4b91_k.jpg

Howard