Live - Anthem of the Seas 2-9-18 to 2-17-18

seadog67

Enjoying your live review. Been reading about your coffee adventures. Doesn't being in a suite give you access to the Concierge Lounge and the coffee machine in there? I know we've been able to get coffee early on other ships in the Diamond Lounge and previously in the Concierge Lounge before Royal changed the Concierge Lounge to only suites and pinnacles.

I believe that is correct. Dynamic dining was something they tried at launch where you could reserve different times in different restaurants, now I believe they have Grande and Silk as the mains and more traditional seating times.

If someone else can clarify better for you, I hope they chime in.

Thanks for following along and have a blast!

For the Anthem cruises we've done since Dynamic Dining stopped the non-suite restaurants for My Time were Am. Icon and Silks on Deck 4 and Traditional was in Chic and Grande on Deck 3.

If you have MTD you can make dining reservations, including Solarium Bistro at no cost, but it isn't the old Dynamic Dining with separate menus in the four MDRs. All four MDRs now share the same menu. Only the Solarium Bistro has its own served meal menu of the included non-suite restaurants and that served meal menu is always the same thus doesn't change nightly.

In the Solarium Bistro the included drinks, breads, appetizers, salads, soups and desserts are buffets. Only the main entre is waiter served.

Edited by robtulipe

Can you tell me if they are showing any of the Winter Olympics at any of the bars or on the suite TVs?

We're on the Oasis this coming Sunday and I'm curious if we'll be able to watch any of the Games.

Thank you!

I did not notice. I will try and pay attention and report back. I have only seen basketball so far to be honest. I do not think the in room tv is showing it on any channel either, at least the few times we have looked at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying your live review. Been reading about your coffee adventures. Doesn't being in a suite give you access to the Concierge Lounge and the coffee machine in there? I know we've been able to get coffee early on other ships in the Diamond Lounge and previously in the Concierge Lounge before Royal changed the Concierge Lounge to only suites and pinnacles.

Hi denamo. My coffee adventures are not really adventures in looking, I know there is always coffee at cafe promenade and in the lounges, I just use that as an excuse to take photos of different venues as I walk around to spice up the report. Sorry if I make it seem difficult to find coffee, it is not at all.

For the Anthem cruises we've done since Dynamic Dining stopped the non-suite restaurants for My Time were Am. Icon and Silks on Deck 4 and Traditional was in Chic and Grande on Deck 3.

If you have MTD you can make dining reservations, including Solarium Bistro at no cost, but it isn't the old Dynamic Dining with separate menus in the four MDRs. All four MDRs now share the same menu. Only the Solarium Bistro has its own served meal menu of the included non-suite restaurants and that served meal menu is always the same thus doesn't change nightly.

In the Solarium Bistro the included drinks, breads, appetizers, salads, soups and desserts are buffets. Only the main entre is waiter served.

Thanks for sharing the info robtulipe! It definitely helps new cruisers and me alike who cannot keep track of (my time, dynamic dining, select dining, freestyle dining...) when did dining become so complicated :)

Thanks for sharing the info to clarify!

Seadog

Loving reading all of your adventures. It is making me so excited about our cruise March 17. We have been on Carnival and NCL before. Everyone tells us we will like RC better because my husband and I are more laid back. We have a balcony on Deck 10 and are so excited. Counting down the days and have been starting to pack already. I will continue to watch your reviews!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Seadog

Loving reading all of your adventures. It is making me so excited about our cruise March 17. We have been on Carnival and NCL before. Everyone tells us we will like RC better because my husband and I are more laid back. We have a balcony on Deck 10 and are so excited. Counting down the days and have been starting to pack already. I will continue to watch your reviews!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Awesome Cally! You will love it and have a blast in March!

Good Morning Cruise Critics welcome to Day 4 of our Cruise on Anthem of the Seas...

We are arriving in Port Canaveral and we had a beautiful calm early morning sail into the channel this morning

http://

Red Right Returning... I guess the Captain knows his stuff :)

That 67 degrees at dawn must feel good, now....:)

Into the basin now to turn you around....:)

Yep we are doing a 180! And yes loving the temp! Shorts are on! In February to boot!

It was a breeze getting off the ship... make sure you have your tickets and ID...

c5d4a21abce9c26f6f6e024f67f68eb8.jpg

Anthem shining in the Sun...

d3860f3d35a00dc040146a8d79ac5d8e.jpg

Choices Choices...

abb6329c73fc6cfb5648c9d8a6aa88cb.jpg

Found our bus.. next stop Walt Disney World...

3db812e940a4c888e9375a517ef2b15c.jpg